Would a JL audio W7 be better than the Kappa perfect?

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
How would the SVS PB12-Plus compare to a single JL audio W7 with 800 watts going to it if it was put in the simple kappa build?

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I was wondering if a jl audio W7 would be better than a kappa perfect in the simple kappa perfect build...
In the exact same box?

Anyways, even if it's better, that doesn't mean it's a good value.

annunaki

annunaki

The JL W7 s a superior driver all the way around, (when compared to a PB12 plus) when comparing to most any commercial subwoofers.There are very few subwoofer drivers that can even match its performance. More or less, only the TC Sounds LMS drivers have shown a more linear BL curve and similar power compression capability. However they give up serous efficiency with much higher inductance when compared to the W7.

Not bad for a design released in 2001...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The JL W7 s a superior driver all the way around, (when compared to a PB12 plus) when comparing to most any commercial subwoofers.There are very few subwoofer drivers that can even match its performance. More or less, only the TC Sounds LMS drivers have shown a more linear BL curve and similar power compression capability. However they give up serous efficiency with much higher inductance when compared to the W7.

Not bad for a design released in 2001...
This is why it's a truly impressive driver. An old design only bested by TC Drivers. Of course the LMSR is cheaper and better, but it is a much newer technology. The fact that the LMSR is only 2 db away from the Ultra for most of the range is crazy. But you will have a nearly impossible time porting it IMO.

annunaki

annunaki

But you will have a nearly impossible time porting it IMO.
There in lies my issue with TC drivers.They tend to be inflexible with enclosure design. Not that the W7 is sooo much better there either but it is more flexible to a degree than the TC drivers.

I digress though...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis