Worth the money/effort to upgrade from Pioneer 45tx to 56txi

B

bnewt

Junior Audioholic
I ran across an open item 56txi for a very good price, but was wondering if it was worth the cost/effort to upgrade from the 45tx. What would I be gaining? I don't use the receiver as a switcher, but maybe in the future. After reading the questionable reviews of the 74txi, I wonder if Pioneer will produce a unit as good as the 56 or the 45. I might consider the upgrade if I could sell the 45 fairly quickly. Any idea what type of price it would bring?

D

DaveOCP

Audioholic
You will basically get Firewire inputs, and possibly MCACC, I cant remember if the 45 had auto setup or not. Not a big difference.

T

thxgoon

Junior Audioholic
DaveOCP said:
You will basically get Firewire inputs, and possibly MCACC, I cant remember if the 45 had auto setup or not. Not a big difference.
The 56TXi was also designed in cooperation with air studios. Of all the receivers I have heard in the Elite line, the 56 was for the money the best receiver I've heard. In the sound room I demoed in, they had all the usual, AVR-3805, RX-V2500, blah..... and the only receiver that flat out sounded better in my opinion was also the most expensive, a Yamaha RX-Z1. For 1500 bucks you can't go wrong.

B

bnewt

Junior Audioholic
DaveOCP said:
Yes, the 45 has the auto setup.

D

DaveOCP

Audioholic
thxgoon said:
The 56TXi was also designed in cooperation with air studios. Of all the receivers I have heard in the Elite line, the 56 was for the money the best receiver I've heard. In the sound room I demoed in, they had all the usual, AVR-3805, RX-V2500, blah..... and the only receiver that flat out sounded better in my opinion was also the most expensive, a Yamaha RX-Z1. For 1500 bucks you can't go wrong.
There didnt happen to be a Marantz SR-8400 or 8500 in that room did there? I'm looking at one of those or the 56TXi myself.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis