Won't recognize speakers

J

jetsfansince83

Audiophyte
I just bought the Denon 2808CI and am using the auto setup. It recognizes all speakers except for the two rear surround speakers. This is a 7.1 setup and all are working (front left/right, sub, center, right/left surround) except the rear right and left surround. Is this a defective receiver??

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
According to the owner's manual, the default setting for the 2808 is 5.1 with the back surround speaker jacks set to Zone 2. On page 31 of your owner's manual, it shows how to assign the internal amps to a 7.1 configuration. I didn't read the whole manual, but I'd suggest assigning it to 7.1 and the rerunning the auto set-up routine.

If you would, please let us know if that solved your issue. Thanks!

J

jetsfansince83

Audiophyte
Speaker issues

According to the owner's manual, the default setting for the 2808 is 5.1 with the back surround speaker jacks set to Zone 2. On page 31 of your owner's manual, it shows how to assign the internal amps to a 7.1 configuration. I didn't read the whole manual, but I'd suggest assigning it to 7.1 and the rerunning the auto set-up routine.

If you would, please let us know if that solved your issue. Thanks!
Thanks Adam! I'll try that and I'll definitely post how I make out. I've been combing the net as well as the manual but as I'm sure you know the Denon manuals are far from coherent most of the time. I love the sound of this receiver I just wish it was easier to setup. Thanks again!

J

jetsfansince83

Audiophyte
Speakers won't recognize

Your solution fixed my problem and thanks very much for that! I'm sure I'll have other issues with this receiver as far as the setup so I'll probably have more questions! I'm trying to be able to scroll through all the stations with the FM tuner manually now (it only scrolls through the presets) but so far no luck. I've changed the FM tuner mode to manual on the remote (i think) but I guess I'll have to keep playing with it because it won't allow me to change fm stations other than what was preset with the avr originally.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis