Wonder Woman June 2, 2017

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's a really good rating for rotten tomatoes!

I don't have a long drive at all. I'm definitely going. The series of trailers in the video I linked above sealed that deal for me before I finished watching them. I was huge into comic books into my early teens. I still catch up once in a while online and read about the changes, different universes, time lines and primary continuities.

In the comics her strength and durability rivals the man himself, Superman. Her sword can even cut him (she managed to cut Doomsday in the movie). She was made from clay and magic and all of her weapons and armor are enchanted items, each from a different god (Greek/Roman mythology... sorta). I'm guessing for this origin movie that she hasn't come close to realizing her true potential.

I'm pretty sure some of her origin story was retconned in the primary continuity, they dropped the clay thing and now her father is Zeus or something...

Wow. That was a whole lot of nerd there... :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Definitely no guarantees. :D

I loved seeing WW every time she was on screen in Batman V Superman, so I'm hoping I will love the full movie. I loved how serious her character was in BvS. I hope they don't give her a bunch of one-liners and try to make her sound funny.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Rotten Tomatoes EARLY reactions aren't always something good to go by. They tend to be better because the early crowds WANTED to see it. Batman Vs. Superman had higher scores early on...then dropped like a rock. Same thing when we went to see the prerelease version of Suicide Squad - the audience reaction was VASTLY different. There were people in the audience who thought it was great and I was thinking "Did we watch the same movie?" it was mildly entertaining but the story was idiotic.

The consensus about this one though seems to be positive.
I couldn't get past the first half hour of Suicide Squad.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Rotten Tomatoes EARLY reactions aren't always something good to go by. They tend to be better because the early crowds WANTED to see it. Batman Vs. Superman had higher scores early on...then dropped like a rock. Same thing when we went to see the prerelease version of Suicide Squad - the audience reaction was VASTLY different. There were people in the audience who thought it was great and I was thinking "Did we watch the same movie?" it was mildly entertaining but the story was idiotic.

Well, a lot of the superhero comic stuff ain't exactly high art IMO, but can be fun. I didn't have a huge problem with Suicide Squad, think it was better than many of the superhero movies but I like a little dark side in my comics.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Comics have some of the best stories out there. That's why they're a good source of movie fodder. But the movies still can't even get that right. Sad when the book is better and we're talking about comics.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Comics have some of the best stories out there. That's why they're a good source of movie fodder. But the movies still can't even get that right. Sad when the book is better and we're talking about comics.
I think books should be the best, followed by TV series, and then movies.

I can't even imagine something like Game of Thrones or American Gods being movies.

To me, movies are more like fast food. They can be good, I don't expect much from movies. TV shows and novels/graphic novels and even some good comics are more like fine dining or at least finer dining. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

Agree, but they gave John Wick 2 early high 90s and it pretty much stayed there. I really liked John Wick 2

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I think books should be the best, followed by TV series, and then movies.

I can't even imagine something like Game of Thrones or American Gods being movies.

To me, movies are more like fast food. They can be good, I don't expect much from movies. TV shows and novels/graphic novels and even some good comics are more like fine dining or at least finer dining. :D

I have read all of the GoT books, I seriously needed a score card to keep track of all the additional characters and material not on the HBO series.

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
Watched it the other day, fantastic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got back a couple hours ago from watching it. Frigging awesome. They really did it justice.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like WW.

I hate Ares. Why does the all-powerful god of war look like a wimpy skinny old guy? Pathetic casting for Ares IMO.

Some of the CGI fighting scenes looked outdated and silly for a high budget 2017 movie.

But overall I like WW. I would give it an 8/10.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We had some free passes so we went to see whatever was on the biggest screen and that was WW in Atmos. The fight scenes were good but definitely overly CG and though they freshened the "bullet time" it still looked dated in some scenes. It would be OK if they did it once or twice, but not every time. Story arc was good and it all felt pretty tightly done. The story is about her obviously, but it focused on her so much that nobody else in the film mattered. Aside from the Justice League trailer (which looks like another disaster IMHO), it felt almost completely self contained. They could have done a little more to bring it up to today like they did with the first Captain America film. Saying this was the best DC film so far isn't saying much lol, but we both liked this one.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
We finally got around to watching it on Friday. I thought it was average at best.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis