C

collegeaudio

Audioholic
I'm a bit confused as to power requirements and wiring of my sub build.

I just built the enclosure for a dual-opposed Infinity 1262W. (Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch 1200-Watt High-Performance Subwoofer (Dual Voice Coil): Car Electronics)

It's dual voice coil, rated 300RMS and 1200watts peak. Impedence of 2 or 8 ohms.

There is a good chance that in a year or so, I'll be building an identical cabinet to house another two drivers. Four drivers in two enclosures. I want to power this with one amplifier - will the iNuke 3000DSP have enough power for four drivers?

Did I make a mistake by purchasing 1262W's instead of the single voice coin 1260W's? (Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 1260w 12-Inch 1200-watt High-Performance Subwoofer (Single Voice Coil): Electronics)

Assuming it's not possible to wire 4x 1262W's to an iNuke 3000DSP, will the 1000DSP have enough power for just one sub (two drivers)? That would be cost cutting for sure if I ended up with just one sub.

Thanks guys.

iNuke 3000DSP Specs: Amazon.com: Behringer NU3000DSP iNuke Ultra-Lightweight, High-Density 3000-Watt Power Amplifier with DSP Control and USB Interface: Musical Instruments
iNuke 1000DSP specs: Amazon.com: Behringer NU1000DSP iNuke Power Amplifier: Musical Instruments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis