Wiring Help Needed!

M

MrMezz

Enthusiast
I've got a dedicated home theater component closet that will house a nice Middle Atlantic shelving system. The closet is surrounded completely by attic space except for the front- which faces the home theater. I will install a thermostat controlled fan system to vent the heat from the unit into the room.

My problem is how to run the multitude of wiring into the closet from the attic space - i.e. speaker, ir, cat V, video. How do you run the wire into the closet and maintain a sealed, insulated environment. I fear that the fan system will draw hot air from the attic instead of circulate it from the home theater room.

I'm sure there are components to run wire through that solve this problem Any help appreciated.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Depending on your setup, there are ways to run the wires into the room through conduit and straight into the rack. It really depends on how sealed the room is. I always face equipment into an open area, then just circulate air in the rack room with that in the rest of the room. Unless it is a large rack room in which case it may get it's own cooling ductwork.

The biggest thing is to put no less than 1 rack space between every component for proper ventilation and use lots of vtf1 rack panels to allow air to flow above, below, and around equipment.

You definitely have the right idea, but you must take a look at how air will actually flow in the room and through the rack so you are ensured that the cooling fans do the job they need to. My rack is so open right now that I don't even run fans and haven't had any issues at all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis