Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Greetings . . .

. . . I'm looking for a pair of wireless speakers (for a Master Bathroom) that preferably have airplay on board . . .

I appreciate any recommendations/suggestions . . .

Shek

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Greetings . . .

For those who have read this post; please help me understand (or how to better post for a reply) how I can have 70+ views & absolutely no responses . . . though I'm truly appreciative of those that have viewed my question . . . I have to believe there are better options out there than the overpriced B&W wireless options (please pardon the unsolicited commentary on B&W); however, no thoughts in response to my inquiry . . . I just don't understand that . . .

Regards,

Shek

OKLAGMCRUISER

OKLAGMCRUISER

Audioholic Intern
I'm leery to give any recommendation for a product I wouldn't buy for myself...wireless speakers are something I personally would not own or purchase.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There are hundreds of wireless speakers out on the market. None of which will match up really to a wired speaker system, but you may have been a bit vague in your original post as to what you are trying to achieve.

What is your budget? This always matters for helpful recommendations.
What are you trying to achieve (sound quality, usability, etc.)?
Where are you putting the speakers?
You are aware that wireless speakers, still typically need to be plugged in, right?
What sources do you intend to use with the speakers?

I just run wires to all my speakers, and in my research I have found that most wireless speaker solutions are Bluetooth exclusively. This is range limited instead of network based which I think really sucks.

Sonos has a bunch of network based players which may work nicely for you depending on what you're trying to achieve.

At the end of the day, I think people may have viewed your thread hoping you had found good product and needed some basic setup help, as wireless speakers aren't a huge market segment due to the fact that they aren't actually wireless. I mean, if this is for a quality setup, then an A/V receiver, AppleTV, and some good speakers just makes more sense.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
wireless is still going to need power, there are very simple ways to run signal wires, for what you are going to give up....

Outlaw Audio's OAW3 Wireless Audio System that unit will make any speakers wireless.... Combine them with a set of pioneer 2nd series bookshelf and you will have wireless speakers with decent sound...

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Zieglj01,

Thanks for the note & I will consider those . . . although they'd require the addition of an apple express unit to connect to my network. . . but thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Regards,
Shek

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
OKLAGMCRUISER,

Thanks for the reply & I appreciate your apprehension; however, I'm in a rental property (w/ serious concrete walls; so, no drilling wires thru the walls; not possible) & limited space; so, for my 3 years here . . . I wanted someway to stream music (iTunes, Pandora, etc.) in my master bathroom while getting ready in the morning . . . anyway, thanks.

Shek

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
BMXTRIX,

Thanks for your reply . . . as you've said, there seems to be many options out there; but many of them seem to be 'inexpensive-crap' . . . or the other extreme 'overpriced B&W' products (no dis on B&W; I just think they're over priced) . . .

More details:

I live in a rental property here in Germany (for the next three years) & these walls are made of VERY thick concrete; so, running wires thru the walls is not desirable. Also, it's difficult to describe the room; but suffice it to say, there is minimal shelf space to put much of anything beyond a small pair of BS speakers . . . Zieglj01 did mention the new Aperion wireless speakers which are set up to run w/ an Apple Express . . . so, that may be an option . . .

I have fairly decent AV setups throughout the house (Main Room: Denon AVR-4311ci; Oppo BDP 103; Xbox 360; Paradigm 100 v5, CC-690, ADP 590 & SVS SB13-Ultra). Second room primarily for listening to music: Yamaha RX-v2095; yamaha CDC 775; SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speakers w/ matching center & sub) . . . & though I still play music via CDs in the previous two systems . . . I use the AirPlay to stream tunes (from iTunes or Pandora) throughout the house . . . and this is an option that I'd like to extend to my master bathroom via two small bookshelf type wireless speakers w/ Airplay already onboard . . .

Budget is less of a concern if I believe the value is there . . . (hence my Paradigm & SVS speakers) . . .

I am aware that wireless speakers must have a power source. . .

I'm not familiar w/ Sonos; so, I'll have to check into that . . .

Thanks again for your very thoughtful reply . .

Shek

Last edited by a moderator:
Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Zieglj01 & ImcLoud,

Thanks for both of those options . . . hadn't thought of something like that . . . I suppose I could order one of those and see how they work w/ my SVS Ultra Bookshelfs . . .

Thanks again . . .

Shek

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis