Wireless RF Remote Control Extender Review

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
I too have a dead battey (1 out of 2) that is no longer working. PE says they dont sell the batteries. The NExt gen calles then button batteries but they are not button batteries and so far I can not find them easily @ Radio Shack as instructed on Next Gens web sight.
This damm thing is one of the most frustrating purcheses I have made in a year. Next Gen can give a hoot about people after they buy.... Rant off.
Anyone know where you can get one of these?

F

fschaeffer

Audiophyte
Will this work woth the Pronto TSU1000?

Does anyone know if this product works with the Pronto TSU1000 or TSU2000 remotes?

Also, what is the difference between the “Around the House Remote Control Extender” and “Remote 'Long Ranger' Xtender” products?

weejimmee

weejimmee

Audiophyte
I just got the triple head emitter from PE.

I have three components in a closet and a projector in the ht room...Is there a hub I can get to use my extra emitter with the projector and is it proprietory?

Waiting for the battery to charge to see if it works...

bald said:
Wow, I just got one of these from PE based on this review. Excellent product. Genius is right.

Anyone know where I can get the triple headed ir emitter shown on www.nghp.net (shown here http://www.nghp.net/images/3eyetclg.jpg ) website? Would be perfect addition to this product.

bald

Last edited:
Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Tpaulaskas, For the money and headache its not worth it. Get the newer harmony that comes with the RF blaster. I finally scrapped this remote extender because it just never worked consistantly. It would work for a week then stop and on and on. I finally threw it away and bought the harmony. Been happy ever since....

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Remote w/ RF

I got the URC-300 and RF module for just over $100 from Amazon. The RF is integrated into the remote and the base station has an IR blaster and 6 RF emitters. Working great so far and the wife likes the touch screen remote.

aspaceintime

aspaceintime

Audioholic
URC 200 remote with rf

I too have a universal, only the URC 200 with the RF. Thus far, no problems. Have created a few macros, and in the process of updating to handle PS 3 & Xbox 360. Both kids home from school and want it hooked up to the Home Theater. Amazon for < $90 delivered. Can't beat the price!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis