K

kpinks

Audiophyte
I have a Samsung Series 5 Smart TV and entering text via the Smart TV remote is really cumbersome. I was wondering if there was anyway to use a wireless keyboard with this particular TV? I do have a Boxee Box as well, maybe I have to connect the Boxee Box in order to use the USB on the Boxee for the wireless keyboard? I do not have any USB connections on my JVC receiver. There must be a way to use a wireless keyboard?
Thanks
Kev

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
Doing some quick googling, it looks like this is heavily dependent on the exact model of the TV. If you can provide that information, it would make things a lot easier.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I doubt it. I know my Samsung plasma won't. The TV doesn't have the drivers. Sucks cuz entering text via the stupid remote is a joke.

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
Found the following info on another site, so not sure if it will work, but maybe give it a shot?

Menu > System > Device Manager
Using this function, you can set up a keyboard or mouse to use with the TV. You can view your device lists and adjust keyboard or mouse settings in this menu.

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
So, looking at page 213 of your manual here, the instructions that I provided earlier should work. I also read that people had good luck with Logitech wireless keyboard and mice combos.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Dammit! Looks like if I had just waited a little while I could have gotten a TV that would have worked with my keyboard. Lame. :mad:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis