Wireless Headphones/system - Suggestions

M

MH005

Audiophyte
I need guidance for starting a hybrid system for home theater/working on pc "while the family sleeps deal." New to this as I'm a graphics guy, I do sound editing & animation on my pc - have an Asus P5NSLI board with what I guess a sound card that will fall short in this arena. In addition I watch movies on my separate plasma tv. So how should I start out with audio? I'm not sure where to begin? My ideal is to have wireless cans for versatility between computer and tv usage. What components do I then need? Do I need a receiver and could this be part of a blue ray player? I'm guessing the transmitter is part of the base of the headphones? Also a question about amps: What proper amp do I need to have that would make the expensive cans worth it, yet not blowing my wallet?

I've read some on the usb Fiio E7/E5 amplifiers to use for high end headphones. I want something like the AKG K701, yet they recommend a really good amp. Can this amp hook up to my usb and even to a blue ray player? How about Sennheiser's RS 180 digital wireless system but do I need a receiver/transmitter for this kind of stuff? My budget is approx. $300. Is this a pipedream?

M

MH005

Audiophyte
I may have answered my own question; the wireless RS180 maybe good for watching movies, & I don't need an expensive receiver, but bad for lip syncing dialogue (sound editing could be a slight echo). Where as hard-lined studio AKG headphones may be the trick for listening to high end music and pc work, yet I still need an amp.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis