wireless headphones-netflix

D

dmoore2145

Audiophyte
I have my headphones connect using an optical cable from my comcast x1 box to wireless transmitter.
The sound works fine on my tv channels. Once I switch to netflix sound only works through tv.
Is there a way to connect to get sound through headphones when watching netflix.
The ethernet cable is plugged into the back of the smart tv. also tried plugging it into the cable box but that did not help.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have my headphones connect using an optical cable from my comcast x1 box to wireless transmitter.
The sound works fine on my tv channels. Once I switch to netflix sound only works through tv.
Is there a way to connect to get sound through headphones when watching netflix.
The ethernet cable is plugged into the back of the smart tv. also tried plugging it into the cable box but that did not help.
Do you have an AVR or are all of your source components hooked directly to the TV?

In any case, what you need is to find an Optical Output on your AVR, or on your TV. That should route ANY source over to the headphone transmitter.

D

dmoore2145

Audiophyte
They are hooked to the tv.
I should disconnect optical cable from the box and put it in the tv?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
They are hooked to the tv.
I should disconnect optical cable from the box and put it in the tv?
Does your TV have an optical output? If it does, then most TVs that I have seen will output the audio for your selected source on that optical output. If it doesn't have optical, then does it have 3.5mm or Red/White RCA outs that could plug into the transmitter?

Be sure you use the TV optical OUTPUT, not an INPUT, to run to the headphone transmitter.

Note that most TV optical outputs will downmix the ouput to Stereo Left/Right ONLY, but for your setup and for headphones that should be a moot point--seems like you only listen in stereo anyway, right?

D

dmoore2145

Audiophyte
I have the same problem in my wife's bedroom. The headphones in there are sennheiser rs160 and they do not have an optical fitting.
Do I use rca audio out on tv to 3.5mm plug on the transmitter?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have the same problem in my wife's bedroom. The headphones in there are sennheiser rs160 and they do not have an optical fitting.
Do I use rca audio out on tv to 3.5mm plug on the transmitter?
I couldn't find a good pic of that transmitter.

But, yeah if you have a 3.5mm INPUT on the transmitter, then simply run an audio OUTPUT from the TV into the 3.5mm jack on the transmitter. Some TVs may have a 3.5mm output so that would be very easy if yours does. If not, then you can easily find cables that are 3.5mm on one end and RCA Red/White on the other end.

D

dmoore2145

Audiophyte
Ifound a 3.5mm output on the tv, but when I hooked that up to 3.5mm on transmitter I could barely hear the sound with the transmitter turned all the way up. Should I have turned the volume up on the tv also?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Ifound a 3.5mm output on the tv, but when I hooked that up to 3.5mm on transmitter I could barely hear the sound with the transmitter turned all the way up. Should I have turned the volume up on the tv also?
Some TVs may have a fixed output on that 3.5mm jack, some may be variable and tied to the volume control, or some may have a setting in the menus to change how it behaves.

Read the manual, or dig through menus and try to up the TV volume.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis