Wireless headphones for use while watching TV?

B

bellbound

Enthusiast
I want to get some wireless headphones to use at night while watching TV. I was looking at the Sennheiser RS 120. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any suggestions in general?

Thanks.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
They're perfect for casual listening duty. They have a fair bit of sound leakage, so, they're not good for bedroom use.

I have had them for 8 years and they're still chugging along. They were an impulse buy, so, I had not compared them to other options. That said, I have not felt the need to upgrade/replace them either.

B

bellbound

Enthusiast
What do you mean by "sound leakage? My goal of using the headphones is to be able to watch TV at night while my wife sleeps. We already purchased these, should I return them before opening them and get something else?

Thanks!

S

SJTrance

Audioholic
I have some real time info for you. I recently ordered both the RS 120 and the newer RS 160 with the Kleer transmission. There is a night and day's difference between the two. I purchased the RS 160 refurbished so the price wasn't very different compared to a new RS 120. The 120 had a good amount of hiss and background noise. What Agarwalro meant is that the RS 120 is an open design and the people around you will be able to hear some of the sound. The RS 160 is a closed design, so you'll have a more sealed sound and the people around you won't be hearing much of what you're hearing. On the other hand, I was able to have some conversation with my significant other while wearing the 120 where I couldn't hear much of anything with the 160. The other advantage of the 160 is that you can take this with you because the base is portable... well, in a sense of the word. You also have the option to upgrade to the RS 170 or RS 180 and just use the 160 base.

But above all the reasons... the 160 sounds significantly better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis