Wireless Earbuds (Non-Bluetooth)?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm trying to resolve a conflict between me and my wife. I like to watch TV/BDs while I'm on my treadmill, which is about 20 feet from the main speakers. I have to have the volume fairly high to understand the dialog, because running on a treadmill isn't terribly quiet.

Does anyone know of any wireless earbuds with a transmitter that I can plug into my receiver jack? I want something I can wear on my treadmill, so I don't think headphones would be suitable.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Sorry, somehow I missed the non blue-tooth caption. From what I see with a half-hearted google search the consumer market in wireless earbuds is pretty much all blue tooth. The non blue tooth wireless headphones I know of are all over/on ear; nothing you would want to run with.

There are certainly professional products that do what you want, but at the price points I don't know if it's worth it. Lots of solutions with separate transmitters and receivers with or without the iems.

In-Ear Wireless Systems & Most Music Gear Ships Free | Musician's Friend

At that point I wonder if a couple of powered monitors like from audioengine or behringer, parked in front of your treadmill with a wireless audio solution like Outlaw's might make more sense? Outlaw Audio's OAW3 Wireless Audio System

I gave up on our wireless sennheiser's (running through too many batteries and reception issues) and now I just drag the extension cord around. I'm interested to see what you wind up with.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Maybe time to add a second zone for some bookshelf speakers at the treadmill?

Steve

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I ended up going with a pair of these:

Klipsch IMAGE S4 Premium Enhanced Base Noise Isolating Earphones: Amazon.ca: Electronics

and this:

For only $4.72 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 25ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 3.5mm Stereo Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black | Premium 3.5mm Audio Male to Male Cables

The earphones sound great, not that I have anything to compare them with. The ear tips are a bit of an issue. The largest is too big, while the mediums are a little bit loose. So, I have to wind the wires around my ears to keep them from coming out. The extension cable is super-duper heavy duty. It's about the same cross-section size as 14/2 electrical wire. It's a little cumbersome to run every time I hit the treadmill, but works fine. I have to strap it to the treadmill handrail so that the weight of it doesn't pull the earbuds out of my ears.

Overall, the setup works for my needs, at a very reasonable cost.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for following up. I was half hoping that you'd find a new wonder product, but my wallet is glad you didn't.

Fit with IEMs can be an issue. I had to return my first pair as I just couldn't get them to stay sealed. This thread talks about using different brand's ear tips for a better seal with the S4 -
Klipsch S4 experience

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
So, I have to wind the wires around my ears to keep them from coming out.
Fit can be a tricky issue - sometimes the tips just work, sometimes they don't. You should probably look at alternate tips...BUT winding around your ears is a good way to get rid of microphonic noise from vibrations traveling up the wires. You may want to keep doing that anyway. I do.

I really like those Klipsch in-ear phones sound-wise. I lost a pair traveling, and I miss 'em.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis