Wireless all the way, decent, cheap?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Please help with some recommendations.

I'm looking for a cheap, decent sounding, battery operated speaker. Do you know any?

Imagine you're a life guard and no electricity is available at your work post. You want to stream music. It is for your nephew who'll be using it and you expect it to get damaged soon, so you don't want to pay a lot (under 100$).

I glanced at Wirecutter, but wanted to hear you as well. I think Wirecutter is a good recommendation, but I wanted to see is there something even cheaper.

It would be good to have the battery operating 8 - 10 hours. It will get sprinkled on so Wirecutter's Vava Voom 20 is a good recomm.

It will play close to him, so it doesn't have to go loud, I'd rather it sound as nice as possible (and I know not to expect too nice).

Global brands are better as I live in EU.

TIA for all and any help.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Please help with some recommendations.

I'm looking for a cheap, decent sounding, battery operated speaker. Do you know any?

Imagine you're a life guard and no electricity is available at your work post. You want to stream music. It is for your nephew who'll be using it and you expect it to get damaged soon, so you don't want to pay a lot (under 100$).

I glanced at Wirecutter, but wanted to hear you as well. I think Wirecutter is a good recommendation, but I wanted to see is there something even cheaper.

It would be good to have the battery operating 8 - 10 hours. It will get sprinkled on so Wirecutter's Vava Voom 20 is a good recomm.

It will play close to him, so it doesn't have to go loud, I'd rather it sound as nice as possible (and I know not to expect too nice).

Global brands are better as I live in EU.

TIA for all and any help.
I own this one and use it. The GF uses it more than me. It isn't bad, especially for the size. But, I paid only $25 for it, it is pretty good for that price. For the current price of $50, I wouldn't pay that much.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BNFPXIU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@slipperybidness thanks! I was going around stores today, but I didn't see this one. I've noticed that other than brand name, battery life span increases the price significantly. You can get a loud one that will play for 4-6 hours for far less than a small and quiet one that will go on up to 10 hours.

I heard a few but haven't decided yet.

I'll check if that one can be tested somewhere.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just got this one for Father's Day. It actually sounds pretty damn good for how little it is. Surprising bass. I stick it in the corner on a countertop in my bathroom.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis