Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a great-room layout where the kitchen and living room share the same space. it's ~15 x 30' rectangle with another room open on one side, a hallway and vaulted ceilings . Both subs are up by the receiver and main speakers (not quite symmetrical but that's where they sound best right now.). I have about 9 1/2 feet between them, they're close to the front wall and they're about 3 feet from the corners on either side.

I'd like to try putting one in an out of the way corner beside our pantry in the kitchen (or possibly another if that doesn't work) on the opposite side of the room, but I'd need a ridiculously long rca and I don't want to have it running along the floor or anything. I suck at climbing around attics and fishing wires too. A quick search turned up this. I know someone here has some experience with wireless adapters, but I dont see them suggested like, at all. Which leads me to believe it's not a great option. The kitchen is behind the seating area.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've read some negative things about Rocketfish stuff here and there, but think that was more in use with surround speakers, sub range I think has less issues in general with wireless kits. You might also look at this one, albeit more expensive.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've read some negative things about Rocketfish stuff here and there, but think that was more in use with surround speakers, sub range I think has less issues in general with wireless kits. You might also look at this one, albeit more expensive.
That's what I'm looking for! Some other suggestions. I've read that Rocketfish stuff can be iffy too. I'm willing to spend a little more for something that won't drop or degrade the signal. Is it just generally not a good idea because the tech isn't there yet? Or can it be done seemlessy with no problems with the right adapter? Will there be any timing issues with wireless being a little slower (one will be wired)?

*Edit: Looks like there are a few on Ebay a little more in my ballpark.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's what I'm looking for! Some other suggestions. I've read that Rocketfish stuff can be iffy too. I'm willing to spend a little more for something that won't drop or degrade the signal. Is it just generally not a good idea because the tech isn't there yet? Or can it be done seemlessy with no problems with the right adapter? Will there be any timing issues with wireless being a little slower (one will be wired)?
I've got two Infinity subs that came with transmitters and built-in receivers, never had any interference issues; think they used to offer a kit for purchase at one point, too. As far as potential interference I don't have a lot of stuff around that would interfere afaik. Think there's also a brand called Amphony out there...but may be same stuff as Rocketfish. If you buy from Amazon and it doesn't work should be easy enough to return....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Gotcha. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I edited above. Found a couple on ebay, look new, for $70-80.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Can't say for sure but I'd be curious about latency too. Probably fix it with phase and avr distance settings etc. I read about the rocket fish ones when they were new, and they seemed to be good. Maybe now that there are more out in the wild, the issues might be more out in the open.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As far as the additional delay involved, never had any particular issue resulting from it...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's great to hear. I was afraid one of you vets would come in here and tell me how horrible they work. Does that sound like a better placement scenario with my subs on opposite sides of the room as opposed to having both up front?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Opposite corners can work well but odd rooms can be odd rooms....one way to find out :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Gotcha. I'm learning room modes are pretty critical and every one is different. I have more than a couple good candidates for good placement in the kitchen. I can put one right in the corner as just one option. I think with a little more experimenting I can find a much better spot for one of them though. I'll do the sub crawl around the kitchen til I find the best spot, then run Audyssey again.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As far as the additional delay involved, never had any particular issue resulting from it...
I was thinking more because one would be wired and one would be wireless. Very possible no issues at all. More of a question I guess.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was thinking more because one would be wired and one would be wireless. Very possible no issues at all. More of a question I guess.
I mixed my two wireless subs with a wired for a while. Bigger issue was they couldn't keep up with the wired sub....they weren't as capable.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I mixed my two wireless subs with a wired for a while. Bigger issue was they couldn't keep up with the wired sub....they weren't as capable.
Well that kinda trumps the wireless thing I guess.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Omg I'm already seeing I could easily fit 2 more subs without it being a nuisance or an eyesore... *gulp*

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis