wired router for ps3

T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
Hello everyone,long time lurker first time poster.Its a pleasure to read many of your posts,your knowledge of A/V is fantastic!I recently purchased a Ps3 for its blue ray capabilities.I want to connect it to the internet to be able to download any updates Sony may provide.Can you steer me to a decent router?I saw one on Monoprice for $16.00,is it a case of you get what you pay for as far as routers are concerned?I will only need it for my P.C. and the Ps3.Thanks for any help in advance.Have a Merry X-mas!!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There are any number of routers out there. I personally use both wired and wi-fi routers from Linksys and Netgear, as well as other brands and have had mixed results across the board with the wireless products, but pretty consistently solid results with my hard wired products.

If you found a 4+ port router (not just a switch!) for $16, then it may be a great deal. But, since you didn't list a make/model it's hard to say.

I would likely go with something like this as a minimum...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127091
$25 after mail in rebate.

C

chipped

Enthusiast
I have found Linksys and Dlink to be very solid wireless routers, you can just set them up and leave them. Steer clear of Netgear though or any generic brands.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis