Windows 10 – Upgrade?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
There is absolutely no reason not to upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 at this point in my opinion. It is more secure, will receive security updates, and is significantly better than windows 8 at this point.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've been using W10 on my main desktop and laptop for a while now and I get irritated when I have to go back to using W7 for some reason. it isn't that it doesn't work, but I'm just so used to W10 now. I really do feel MS got it right this time.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
From everything I have been told, it's best to back up all of the data, format the hard drive and do a clean Win10 install, rather than upgrading.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
From everything I have been told, it's best to back up all of the data, format the hard drive and do a clean Win10 install, rather than upgrading.
Whether it is true or not, I always try to do a clean install. You can download the image file from Microsoft and have the option to do both. Just backup your data first.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Whether it is true or not, I always try to do a clean install. You can download the image file from Microsoft and have the option to do both. Just backup your data first.
I did the update on a computer that I didn't have to pay for, so I figured that it was worth a shot. I need to work out a few bugs that existed before the update, but it works well in all other ways- it's just a matter of finding things, like I had to when I went from XP to 7.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I have done both upgrade and clean install. No issue either way, but as always, it depends.... I would say unless you have overriding reasons, go with clean install.

Win10, in my opinion is an excellent version. I like it better than Apple's. I have win10 running on 1 desktop and 3 laptops, one of them is a MacBook pro (dual boot). On the MacBook pro I mostly boot to win10 as I find it easier to use overall.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
In my opinion, a fresh install should be part of routine maintenance, do it about every 5 years.

In general, I tend to have a PC failure of some sort every 5-7 years, so that is when I do my fresh installs.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have done both upgrade and clean install. No issue either way, but as always, it depends.... I would say unless you have overriding reasons, go with clean install.

Win10, in my opinion is an excellent version. I like it better than Apple's. I have win10 running on 1 desktop and 3 laptops, one of them is a MacBook pro (dual boot). On the MacBook pro I mostly boot to win10 as I find it easier to use overall.
For me the upgrade to W10 went well from 8.1. From 7 it didn't go so well. I ended up doing a fresh install. Works much better now.

I did get the "surprise you have Windows 10 now!" on one of my boxes I had no intention of upgrading so that was annoying.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis