Will Samsung's new tube-sporting Soundbar take off?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
What do you think about the new Samsung flagship HW-F750 soundbar? Will a tube-laden soundbar take off?

Discuss "Samsung 2013 Soundbar Lineup: Did You Say Vacuum Tubes?" here. Read the article.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
As in fly? :) I would say I'd be interested in a review instead of an article, but the do look good. My parents have been looking for something like that to put in their bedroom and the pricing of these might fit that bill.

And I accept your substituted image of Kate Upton :D

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
J_Garcia have you heard the Sonos Playbar? I would give it some serious consideration, it sounds pretty impressive imo.

Cliff_is

Cliff_is

Audioholics Content Manager
J_Garcia have you heard the Sonos Playbar? I would give it some serious consideration, it sounds pretty impressive imo.
The PlayBar is a disappointment to me, and I'm a Sonos fanboy. From talking to other reviewers who have it in, I guess it sounds pretty good. But that's to be expected, the Sonos Play5 and Play3 sound great.

The big let down for me is the lack of surround support and that it only supports the Sonos sub if you want to add a subwoofer. If they added a line level sub out and true surround support, I would be on board.

I excited to see soundbars with WiSA technology.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Cliff- I guess I should have said given its limitations i really like it. The sound is wonderful and produces quite a nice soundstage. I think it can be best utilized as a secondary solution, bedroom or family room option. The output from the sub is more than I expected, but then again it cannot be incorporated into any other system, like you mentioned. My Play5 has logged a lot of hours and is my barbequing buddy.

Cliff_is

Cliff_is

Audioholics Content Manager
Cliff- I guess I should have said given its limitations i really like it. The sound is wonderful and produces quite a nice soundstage. I think it can be best utilized as a secondary solution, bedroom or family room option. The output from the sub is more than I expected, but then again it cannot be incorporated into any other system, like you mentioned. My Play5 has logged a lot of hours and is my barbequing buddy.
I hope I get a chance to listen to it at some point.

The Sonos Sub is an interesting product. Pretty stellar design and output in such a compact design, but definitely not made for movies. They say it plays down to 25Hz, but I doubt that's at -3db.

Now I just hope they come out with an amp that supports more than 2 channels. From talking to Sonos reps in the past I understand they get asked quite often by custom installers for the product, but it must not mesh with their business plan since they haven't made it yet. They are moving away from the custom market and trying to sell directly to end users.

internetmin

internetmin

Audioholic
Tubes for $799?

I'm usually not a big fan of HTIB solutions. The reason being the lack of quality. But I have to admit for $799 this looks like a great deal and a tube experience at that price point is unheard of. It will be curious to see how it sells and what it sounds like.

internetmin

internetmin

Audioholic
The PlayBar is a disappointment to me, and I'm a Sonos fanboy. From talking to other reviewers who have it in, I guess it sounds pretty good. But that's to be expected, the Sonos Play5 and Play3 sound great.

The big let down for me is the lack of surround support and that it only supports the Sonos sub if you want to add a subwoofer. If they added a line level sub out and true surround support, I would be on board.

I excited to see soundbars with WiSA technology.
I see what you're saying but it appears to me like the intended audience is those who need high WAF compatibility.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm really curious about the tubes.

Tubes do wear out. Is Samsung manufacturing tubes? I'm guessing these are user-serviceable?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis