Wii Bundles, Nintendo America President Talks Tough

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Nintendo America President, Reggie Fils-Aime says he’s talking tough to retailers who sell bundles.

Maybe you’ve been there before. You just want to buy the hottest game console around, but you can’t just buy the console without a bunch of extra merchandise you don’t want.

Discuss "Wii Bundles, Nintendo America President Talks Tough" here. Read the article.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Nintendo America President, Reggie Fils-Aime says he’s talking tough to retailers who sell bundles.

Maybe you’ve been there before. You just want to buy the hottest game console around, but you can’t just buy the console without a bunch of extra merchandise you don’t want.

Discuss "Wii Bundles, Nintendo America President Talks Tough" here. Read the article.
Nice. Let's take away the REAL blame on shortages by blaming.....the retailer for "bundling" the systems and creating the "shortage". Yeah, I know, Nintendo didn't use those exact words, but the VERY strong implication is there.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't see the problem with bundling if that's what the stores want to do. When you have a product like the Wii with such high demand and a strained supply, it makes perfect sense for stores to want to take advantage to get the most out of each and every sale. Consumers who have a higher value for the Wii will be willing to pay a higher price- the stores are just trying to capture as much of that value as possible. It's simple economics- and it's certainly not illegal.

Maybe the Nintendo NA head should see about working out their supply chain issues instead of complaining about the fact that people are willing to pay high prices for their product!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I don't blame Nintendo for being upset about this, I know that I don't want to be forced to buy games/acessories I don't want, just to get the console. Retailers are only doing this because they know some people will still buy them anyway, it's just them being greedy. I was lucky enough to get a brand new Wii off Craigslist midyear for just under retail... if I hadn't gotten it then, I might still be waiting to get my hands one one and not be forced to pay over retail to get it from someone who has one and is trying to make a profit, or by getting it bundled with stuff I don't have the extra money for. Besides, it's one thing to make a bundle that includes maybe one extra game, and an extra controller, but to make bundles that are $500+ that include a lot of games, even if you have your choice of games, it's still unfair to the consumer, as many just can't afford those extras, especially around the holidays. I feel as a consumer I should have a choice of what I want to buy, and the stores are also losing potential revenue by not selling just the console.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't blame Nintendo for being upset about this, I know that I don't want to be forced to buy games/acessories I don't want, just to get the console. Retailers are only doing this because they know some people will still buy them anyway, it's just them being greedy. I was lucky enough to get a brand new Wii off Craigslist midyear for just under retail... if I hadn't gotten it then, I might still be waiting to get my hands one one and not be forced to pay over retail to get it from someone who has one and is trying to make a profit, or by getting it bundled with stuff I don't have the extra money for. Besides, it's one thing to make a bundle that includes maybe one extra game, and an extra controller, but to make bundles that are $500+ that include a lot of games, even if you have your choice of games, it's still unfair to the consumer, as many just can't afford those extras, especially around the holidays. I feel as a consumer I should have a choice of what I want to buy, and the stores are also losing potential revenue by not selling just the console.
It's called playing to the marketplace. If what they were doing was so egregious then nobody would be buying the bundles. It seems to me that this isn't the case.

Of course as a consumer you want to decide what you want to buy, but the store has a right to decide what it wants to sell. In this case, they are making the decision because they believe it will increase revenues (and more importantly profits)- and I'm strongly inclined to agree with that. No way are they losing anything.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
They probably aren't losing anything, but if the stores don't sell what the cosumers want, then they will lose business, and posibbly repeat customers. Maybe they should take some of their bundles and unbundle them, that way they will sell more overall product and keep everyone happy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis