Whole house audio question using a sherbourn tst2/200 amp

D

dertitan2

Enthusiast
I have purchased a Sherbourn TST2/200 amp off of craigslist, in new condition, I don't think the guy ever used it that much...

I am setting up a single source using a pioneer elite VSX-94TXH AVR, using the zone 2 audio outs, basically streaming pandora through my pioneer elite blue ray player...

Here are my questions:
1. If I am reading the owner manual correctly, it appears that this unit (TST2/200) does not require a separate speaker selector box, can some one confirm?
2. Volume controls - I just want simple volume controls in the rooms, this amp is able to handle 8 pairs of speakers, so I will need 8 on-wall volume controls, but the manual speaks about transformer volume controls and that the subsonic filter switch should be set to off if using; if not using, then set to on to enjoy the full frequency range etc...so the question is: What type of volume controls do I need? Can I just use the simple resistor based one? Or is there another options? Again keeping this very simple...
3. The front of the amp has 8 speaker selector buttons, per question number one above, can I assume these are functioning as the buttons would on a separate speaker selector box?
4. all of my speakers are 8 ohms, so if i can indeed use the resistor based volume controls, this amp will not need a impedance matching module etc...which I think is what the separate speaker selector does, correct?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You do not need a selector box because you have a multi ch amplifier, BMX will most likely chime in here soon, he is very savy with this type of setup and will offer great advice... But you will only need 1 volume control for each Pair of speakers, each room should have either 2 speakers or 1 dual voice coil speaker, so you can get stereo sound... Use 1 volume control for each pair means you need 4 volume controls... Your 8 ohm speakers will be fine, and the buttons on the front are so you can turn on the zones you want to get music... Amazon.com: Pyle Home PVC1 Wall Mount Rotary Volume Control Knob: Electronics

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis