ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I have been rattling around the idea of pulling off whole home audio for a while but have recently scored a victory with the wife (she enjoyed listening to the master bedroom system and mentioned it might be nice to have elsewhere). I think I should move while I have traction!:D

Here are the zones I am thinking;
Kitchen
Living
Back Yard
Bathroom
Master Bedroom
(garage)
Home theater room

In the future I will be upgrading to home automation (lights, hvac) so I would like to keep components in line with this goal. I have already have talked to a Control4 dealer in the area but we are currently having difficulty with control of the RGB light strip ambient lights. Or more accurately the price/effectiveness consideration.

Anyway on to the questions;

I was thinking of something like this to power the 6 zones not HT. Currently using the HT avr to run different source material through the zone 2 and zone 3 outputs.

I also like the idea of having a local source that a system like HTDirect has but that is a significant upscaled price tag.

I like the idea of local tactile control (volume knobs). Its just cool and is more drunk resistant but also requires getting my ass up, we'll call it a draw.

Speakers. I am going to have to go with a in-ceiling and in-wall speakers for most areas (toddlers). I was just looking at things like this and this. As a complication I would like to have subs in at least two of the zones (they have high level inputs)

I would like to start running wires to the rooms in the next couple weeks but want to have a plan before I start cutting holes. I live in Canada (GTAish) so options aren't as plentiful as the US but I can source if necessary.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of project? Am I proceeding properly?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis