Whitey's living room HT in an oddly designed apartment, doin' the best I can!

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I'm a budget conscious fella' (hence living in an apartment), not impressive, but here's what's in the pics:
-Panasonic Viera 50" Plasma
-Panasonic BD601 Blu-Ray player
-Xbox 360 w/HD DVD drive
-Monster HTS2600
-Pioneer Elite VSX92TXh
-1TB hard drive attached to Xbox 3/4 full of music
-Boston Acoustics VR965's in front with VRC center
-Boston Acoustics VR940's as surrounds with VR910 as rear (on each side and on top of bookshelves)
-1TB hard drive attached to Xbox 3/4 full of music
-Monster and Ethereal cabling throughout

In one photo you can see my fully restored 1935 oak with vera inlay Silvertone radio in the hall.
And if you care about guitars, thats a quilted ash Dean EQA and a Godin 5th Avenue.

Room layout isn't exactly ideal, but it's what works best for the odd space with halls, stairs and doors everywhere, and the way-too-big mirror keeps me from feeling claustrophobic!

(Yes, I'm very aware that the photos are basically terrible and blurry! Camera phone's take a finesse that do not possess!)

Attachments

Last edited:
Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Slick apartment dude. Don't know how I feel about the wall colors though :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice setup. 3.1 or 3.0 or did I miss the surrounds?

I am going to give you the same recommendation that for some reason is universally something that so many do incorrectly: pull your main speakers away from the wall. You have room to do it though the left might be a bit touchy.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
It's 6.2
There are a pair of VR940 towers on each side of the bookcase and a VR910 sitting in the middle of it.

As far as pulling those fronts from the wall, I would love to, but it would block entry to the hallway right there, they are already in the way.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Looks Great

Your living room looks great- I like the colors.

Nice System,

Surveyor

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a budget conscious fella' Monster and Ethereal cabling throughout
Are you sure you're budget concious?:D

Just kidding!:p

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Are you sure you're budget concious?:D

Just kidding!:p
One of my tattoo clients is a theater installer.....2 1m Monster HDMI, 1 2m Monster HDMI, 2 4m Monster LFE cables, 120' 14g Ethereal speaker cabling, 1 2m optical, 1 6m Ethereal Dcim + 24 Monster Quick Connect banana plugs cost me less than $100.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
One of my tattoo clients is a theater installer.....2 1m Monster HDMI, 1 2m Monster HDMI, 2 4m Monster LFE cables, 120' 14g Ethereal speaker cabling, 1 2m optical, 1 6m Ethereal Dcim + 24 Monster Quick Connect banana plugs cost me less than $100.
Boy, that was certainly cheap! But it also indicates how much they mark their stuff up, eh?

R

ribonzz

Audioholic Intern
Whoaa! I'm looking for that dayton ! How much does it cost??

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis