N

nick450r

Enthusiast
I have some klipsch rf-82ii speakers and I don't know if I want to keep the or not...They are ok, but I am thinking i might should of went with polk rti-a7 or the rti-a9...I have around $1500 to spend on speakers and feel i could have chosen better i did...I have a denon avr -x2100 coming to hook them to, but still so unsure about the whole wet up...I had a cheap Yamaha r-n301 hooked to them and blew a horn the first day. I am only interested in listening to music with this system so any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
your beating yourself up. Listen to as many speakers as possible with music you know, or simple music ie piano and vocals to decide. after that you can choose the right power source

edit: the blown driver was either a fluke, failed driver, or failed part. the chances of you blowing the driver without you hearing the failure as it happened is slim to none

Last edited:
N

nick450r

Enthusiast
your beating yourself up. Listen to as many speakers as possible with music you know, or simple music ie piano and vocals to decide. after that you can choose the right power source

edit: the blown driver was either a fluke, failed driver, or failed part. the chances of you blowing the driver without you hearing the failure as it happened is slim to none
wow

N

nick450r

Enthusiast
that doesn't tell me much and where I live there is no place to go auditon speakers.....!!! if it were that easy I would not be asking questions on here,,,.......lets try this,.....if "you" were going to spend $1500 on a pair of tower speakers for a 2600 cu.ft. room and be using a denon avr-x4100(125 watts RMS) which ones would you go with

N

nick450r

Enthusiast
I will be using these speakers for music listening ONLY

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
that doesn't tell me much and where I live there is no place to go auditon speakers.....!!! if it were that easy I would not be asking questions on here,,,.......lets try this,.....if "you" were going to spend $1500 on a pair of tower speakers for a 2600 cu.ft. room and be using a denon avr-x4100(125 watts RMS) which ones would you go with
let me back up and start with this post

"that doesn't tell me much and where I live there is no place to go auditon speakers.....!!!"

how would we know that?

if it were that easy I would not be asking questions on here,,,......

speakers sound is subjective, but advice based on information can be given

if "you" were going to spend $1500 on a pair of tower speakers for a 2600 cu.ft. room and be using a denon avr-x4100(125 watts RMS) which ones would you go with

one of the two i posted, with favor going to the phils

waits for the troll to reply

Last edited:
N

nick450r

Enthusiast
let me back up and start with this post

"that doesn't tell me much and where I live there is no place to go auditon speakers.....!!!"

how would we know that?

if it were that easy I would not be asking questions on here,,,......

speakers sound is subjective, but advice based on information can be given

if "you" were going to spend $1500 on a pair of tower speakers for a 2600 cu.ft. room and be using a denon avr-x4100(125 watts RMS) which ones would you go with

one of the two i posted, with favor going to the phils

waits for the troll to reply
I "HAVE" to buy them from crutchfeild and they don't sell that brand, but thanks anyway....The rep at crutchfeild suggested the monitor audio silver 6??? whats your take on these

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I "HAVE" to buy them from crutchfeild and they don't sell that brand, but thanks anyway....The rep at crutchfeild suggested the monitor audio silver 6??? whats your take on these
If your limited to that vendor those and the http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091C716W/Focal-Chorus-716-Walnut.html?tp=185 would be my only two choices. The MAs will go a little lower but I found the midrange to be sightly bloated. If you dont mind me asking, why are you limited to that vendor?

N

nick450r

Enthusiast
thank you ,...you seem very honest and very helpful also,....wish the world had more people like you in it,

N

nick450r

Enthusiast
thank you ,...you seem very honest and very helpful also,....wish the world had more people like you in it,
what do you think about the polk rti -a9...? and the reason for being limited to crutchfeild is I am using sony finance

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
The Focals , followed by the MAs for towers in your budget. In the polk line the LSi series are the only ones most seasoned listeners would choose, and if not opposed to bookshelves These are nice. What type of music do you listen to?

Last edited:
N

nick450r

Enthusiast
The Focals , followed by the MAs for towers in your budget. In the polk line the LSi series are the only ones most seasoned listeners would choose, and if not opposed yo bookshelves These are nice. What type of music do you listen to?
R&B, Rock, classic rock,

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis