Which Paradigm Center?

F

fleishour28

Audiophyte
I have an older system setup with paradigms. My 4 year old son just punched out my center channel speaker today at his birthday party when he was jumping around on a crazy sugar crank. Thank God I didn't respond with my gut reaction and curse the toddler phase to all...anyways

I bought all the speakers in 1996. I have Paradigm Titans for fronts, Atoms for rears, now damaged cc150 center, ps1000 sub, and denon avr-3801.

i would love to consider upgrading the center but what would still match the other paradigm speakers?

follow up question...if I upgraded the fronts to paradigm towers and also got another paradigm center what would be your thoughts?

Doesn't have to be brand new model options.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Obviously, you can simply replace the driver (or have the driver reconed). If you are looking to upgrade instead: what's your budget?

F

fleishour28

Audiophyte
good point jerry. i guess i am partially not to torn up that my son put a wallop on it, oh darn, UPGRADE excuse. I didn't even think of just replacing damaged parts, i'll keep that in mind.

As for budget on a new center or new fronts with new center?
I would say 300 for center, 1000 for center plus front towers.

I'm looking for middle of the road paradigm, is that even possible with that budget?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
$1k could get you a Studio 20-40 v2 or v3 matching center on the used market with some luck.

Heck. If you are in Florida, we should talk about the Studio 60v3's and 470v3 I have :)

*edit* I see you are specifically after towers. that removes the 20 and 40. You'd be hunting a Studio 60 or higher. You won't find the v5 at that range, but a good deal on the v2 or great deal on v3-v4 should be doable.

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
If you just want to replace the cc the Paradigm cc190 will do just fine...a good match for those speakers.

Depends on what you want and what your budget is.
There is a big price difference between the Monitor line and the Studio line for instance.
Matching center will be dependent on the towers.
More info means more suggestions.

K

Kaz-maN

Junior Audioholic
If you just want to replace the cc the Paradigm cc190 will do just fine...a good match for those speakers.

Depends on what you want and what your budget is.
There is a big price difference between the Monitor line and the Studio line for instance.
Matching center will be dependent on the towers.
More info means more suggestions.
I agree with the cc-190. I used to own one and it was a nice center for the money. If I'm not mistaken its about $319 brand new.

If you do an upgrade though, the latest version of the monitor 9 from paradigm is pretty good floor standing speaker for the money ($999). Though if you do go with the monitor line I would really recommend the monitor 11. It has more bass and better dynamics ($1499). The cc-190 would complement the monitor 9's quite well though to be realistic.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis