which amplifier should I get?

D

desastrux

Audiophyte
Alright so for about 2 years now I have been using a Dayton dta-100 to power my Dayton Sub-80 subwoofer and Dayton B652 Bookshelves. The left channel doesn't always work now, it goes in and out on the amplifier.

I am looking for suggestions on what good amplfiers would be. The highest I am willing to go price wise is probably around $100, just looking for something that will power my system and sound great.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
dta100 would be a good choice, lol.. Are you sure its not a cable issue? topping would be another good company to look into..

D

desastrux

Audiophyte
I know it's not a cabling issue because I've switched around the cables in every combination on the right and the right always worked and the left didn't. Someone told me to get some contact cleaner and clean the volume pot so i may try that first

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I love my tp60, if you can stretch your budget, its a winner for sure... $100 is tough budget, but that new dayton looks good, thanks for that J, nice find...

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Are you looking to power your subwoofer as well as the speakers from a single stereo amplifier? How are you wiring that? Was the subwoofer powered on the same channel which is now showing issues?

I would get a separate amp for the subwoofer for sure. That will give you stable power to the rest of the speakers.

For what it's worth, I've picked up a number of Sonance amplifiers over the years from eBay with excellent results and no long term failures:
sonance amplifier | eBay

Specifically something like this:
Sonance Sonamp Cinema 2120 Amplifier THX Ultra | eBay
for the mains

and this...
Sonance Sonamp 275 SE 2 Channel Power Amplifier | eBay
for the sub may be excellent. Or the second unit by itself for the mains.

Make sure your amp always has plenty of fresh air so that it doesn't cook itself!

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis