What's your preference on speaker plugs and spades?

bpassman

bpassman

Enthusiast
First, I know that connectors are similar to cables and that aside from electrical properties (snake oil)....they do look good and can make a system look complete. I'm using simple banana plugs from Monoprice today going to my amps, and just bare wire at the speakers. What brand/type of plugs and spades are you guys using?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I just switched from Monoprice banana plugs to locking banana plugs from Blue Jeans cable. It's a WORLD of difference! Pictures on my thread here for "High end speaker cables made cheap".

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bare wire ends are sexier? Otherwise I like the Sewell Silverbacks for their set screw attachment style myself...

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have Sewell Silverback 90° on my R100 surrounds. For the $27.43 in total I spent for all the materials used in making a pair of my "Placebo Performance Cable" brand product for my L-C-R set, I love the look...and the price.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I like the BJC locking bananas also. I don't think there's anything wrong with bare wire but if you change your setup, rewiring the receiver can be a pain.

Jim

U

uncola

Enthusiast
I have some monoprice ones, bluejeans cable ones and some low mass zplug solder style from dyson audio.. the monoprice ones lost their shine and were loose in the binding posts.. I definitely recommend the bluejeanscable ones if you don't want to solder

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bare wire on both ends.
I used to do this, and it became much more of a hassle than it was worth as receivers got more channels and the back of the units more crowded. Of course my eyes aren't what they once were either, but I found more instances of a stray strand of speaker wire becoming a problem.

Switching to Monoprice banana plugs first by way of my son providing them, I now use the Blue Jean Cable locking style and now I can switch wires or speakers confident that I have good, secure and clean connections.

If just hooking to an amp or integrated, bare wire is still just fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis