What's wrongness with my VTF-3

Gmoneywp15

Gmoneywp15

Audioholic Intern
got a hsu vtf3 off recommendation from this forum. My 2 year old got back there and did who knows what. Speaker will not play music or anyth By now but instead just hums all the time. Hanvent tried it on a different source yet. Didn't think it necessary.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
got a hsu vtf3 off recommendation from this forum. My 2 year old got back there and did who knows what. Speaker will not play music or anyth By now but instead just hums all the time. Hanvent tried it on a different source yet. Didn't think it necessary.
It sounds like the RCA cable is half in and half out but I'm sure you checked that already?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Did you check the input connection? Other that knowing you child was back there can you explain what you have done to troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What Everett said. Did you look at anything before posting here? I'm also leaning toward a loose input connection, but you never know...

So... until Jr got back there, how do you like the VTF-3?

Gmoneywp15

Gmoneywp15

Audioholic Intern
It sounds like the RCA cable is half in and half out but I'm sure you checked that already?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Was sure it wasn't coincidence. It was. Loose connection behind wall backplate. My fault. Thanks.

Gmoneywp15

Gmoneywp15

Audioholic Intern
Glad you got it sorted. How are you liking your new sub? I love my VTF-3's.
Amazing. Only issue is the shape of my living room is half of it vaulted half not. The sub is in unvaulted area and people sitting or standing in vaulted area get no bass. Maybe I need a second? Lol. Wife would love that. Only 1 sitting chair is really effected, but you get better base in the kitchen than that 1/3 of living room. I thought to try sub in vaulted area but have not yet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Amazing. Only issue is the shape of my living room is half of it vaulted half not. The sub is in unvaulted area and people sitting or standing in vaulted area get no bass. Maybe I need a second? Lol. Wife would love that. Only 1 sitting chair is really effected, but you get better base in the kitchen than that 1/3 of living room. I thought to try sub in vaulted area but have not yet.
Give it a shot. Moving your sub around can make a huge difference. As far as getting a second one... your wife probably wouldn't appreciate my input. :p

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Your subwoofer is lonely, and it sounds like it needs a friend. Tell your wife to have some compassion!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis