What's Up with Samsung's Receivers?

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
I couldn't believe when I first read about these in Crutchfield -- anyone have any thoughts on these things? Are they as good as their LCD sets? From what I can see, the touch-control buttons are pretty cool, but does anyone think these are serious competition for Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, NAD, Marantz, etc?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Based on what I've seen and read, I have no reason to believe they are serious contenders to even Sony's entry level receivers.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
Based on what I've seen and read, I have no reason to believe they are serious contenders to even Sony's entry level receivers.
Really, Seth? That's not good news for them; where did you read this? Are they really that bad? :eek:

P.S. Did you get my PM?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Really, Seth? That's not good news for them; where did you read this? Are they really that bad? :eek:

P.S. Did you get my PM?
They're anemic, and the review that Audioholics gave seems a little sugar coated. All things considered, the review still isn't that great.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
They're anemic, and the review that Audioholics gave seems a little sugar coated. All things considered, the review still isn't that great.
I didn't even realize they were reviewed on here; can you give me a link to it?

So, the Samsungs wouldn't be an AVR you would consider?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't even realize they were reviewed on here; can you give me a link to it?

So, the Samsungs wouldn't be an AVR you would consider?
No, I would not consider them.

Just go the the most recent threads for reviews, it should be near the top.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
The review that I read of it didn't seem to divulge much negative comments about the receiver; where did it say it was "anemic" in sound -- unless that's what you found if you've listened to them?

Oh, rereading your statement regarding this, I believe you meant that the review seemed sugar coated and made them seem better than they are -- have you demoed these?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Are you considering one of these...?

They are obviously made for a very quick and simple connection of equipment and to serve as and produce a general audio type setup. I highly doubt they are chasing anyone here for market share....

Grab one and if you like it keep and give us a review of your findings, if you don't care for it, take it back....

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
Are you considering one of these...?

They are obviously made for a very quick and simple connection of equipment and to serve as and produce a general audio type setup. I highly doubt they are chasing anyone here for market share....

Grab one and if you like it keep and give us a review of your findings, if you don't care for it, take it back....
No, I'm not considering one; my Onkyo 605 is fine right now, and built like a brick shithouse -- I was just curious as to what kind of feedback these models have been getting since I noticed their debut in Crutchfield; you say they're made for a "very quick and simple connection of equipment" but from what I read in the review on this site, the product appears to function and behave just like a standard surround AVR...what's so different about it?

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
I know nothing about the receivers, but obviously the parent company certainly capable of producing an excellent product and has assets exceeding all other players except Sony perhaps.....I hope they do get serious with audio....I would love to have another quality player out there, giving us additional choices...

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
I know nothing about the receivers, but obviously the parent company certainly capable of producing an excellent product and has assets exceeding all other players except Sony perhaps.....I hope they do get serious with audio....I would love to have another quality player out there, giving us additional choices...
Hey, Tom!

Thanks for your input in this thread; I would agree with your assesment regarding the brand's (Samsung) success in, say, the LCD arena -- but other products haven't fared nearly as well, such as with their cell phones (from my experience and others I know). ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis