Whats the deal with Axiom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Why don't you go get a sub or two already? :D

BTW is your workplace freaking out w/ the tornado warnings? They won't even let us leave the hospital yet because of this natural disaster code. :eek:
Haha I'm thinking about it. I've been eyeing the 65" st60 or vt60 from Panasonic lately too. My 50" just isn't cutting it anymore. Doesn't help that we got nailed this year from these storms. I need a new roof, new guttering, new garage doors, new side door and a few other small things. Haven't even been in the house a year :(. Thank goodness for insurance, but hopefully we can work out something with a company on deductibles....b/c paying thousands isn't something I want to do right now lol. Plus we've got a little girl coming in the next few months so we're trying to get ready for that too. VERY hectic.

I work downtown in 101 Park so we have access to underground tunnels from this building. Not too many people freaking out down here besides the people with family or that live in Moore or surrounding areas. All of this is extremely sad to see though. Horrible

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Haha I'm thinking about it. I've been eyeing the 65" st60 or vt60 from Panasonic lately too. My 50" just isn't cutting it anymore. Doesn't help that we got nailed this year from these storms. I need a new roof, new guttering, new garage doors, new side door and a few other small things. Haven't even been in the house a year :(. Thank goodness for insurance, but hopefully we can work out something with a company on deductibles....b/c paying thousands isn't something I want to do right now lol. Plus we've got a little girl coming in the next few months so we're trying to get ready for that too. VERY hectic.

I work downtown in 101 Park so we have access to underground tunnels from this building. Not too many people freaking out down here besides the people with family or that live in Moore or surrounding areas. All of this is extremely sad to see though. Horrible
Last time a killer tornado hit Moore, I was living in Moore. Yesterday it hit Moore again. I am getting a tornado shelter for sure now. :eek:

E

exlabdriver

According to the meteorlogical 'experts' at CNN last night, there is a natural path there that seems to cause these nasty, big twisters to repeatedly rip through that area - essentially using the same track.

I feel sorry for those who make that area home because eventually it seems that it'll happen again and again unless weather and climate changes appreciably to break up this pattern...

TAM

B

biggarthomas

Enthusiast
I would go with the Ascend Sierra Ribbon Tower over the Salk SongTower, although the SongTower is supposed to be great, I think the SRT's measures better.

As for Axiom, I won't beat a dead horse. I will only say this: Why go with speakers that have acoustic interference and subpar cabinets when you can get speakers without these flaws for a similar price?

Is this information accurate? Where does it come from?

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
Is this information accurate? Where does it come from?
Which part?

The part about Ascend SRT measuring better than the ST's? Or the part about Axiom using designs that cause acoustic interference, like VP150 with dual tweeters on the far ends of the cabinets that causes cancellation and huge dips in the freq response off axis or the fact that there is better quality speakers over all than the Axioms at similar prices that does not have these issues, and that uses better components and cabinet finishes as standard options at the same price as Axiom without all of that.

I was an Axiom owner who actually has some first hand experience with Axiom products vs a host of its internet direction competition and IMO Monkish's comments are too far off at all. I felt like Axiom was premium priced for inferior performance/quality compared to similar priced competiton.

I've been pretty vocal about Axiom needing to upgrade its drivers and was called everything in the book (a troll, nazi ect). I was told numerous times by the Axiom fans that its not needed and the speakers are perfect and that the drivers are just absolutely great. Now Axiom released a new 6.5" driver and they are just begging to upgrade every Axiom model they have to the new 6.5". Kind of bizzare considering they was suppose to be perfect before and I was crazy for even considering that the speakers could be improved/upgraded.

I guess its just about the money with Axiom considering they want to charge and extra $650 for 6 or those new 6.5" woofer for the LFR.

E

exlabdriver

Unending, mean-spirited complaints from the above over the past couple of years that Axiom hasn't updated their designs for a while. Plus of course they're just trying to rip off their many satisfied customers.

Now despite many new product developments with speakers and amps over the past year, as expected, it's still not good enough...

TAM

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
Unending, mean-spirited complaints from the above over the past couple of years that Axiom hasn't updated their designs for a while. Plus of course they're just trying to rip off their many satisfied customers.

Now despite many new product developments with speakers and amps over the past year, as expected, it's still not good enough...

TAM
First, what is mean spirited about my post? He asked a question and I answered it. It actually looks like Axiom did something that I said needed done a long time ago and thats new improved drivers, although I think a better quality tweeter and midrange is more needed than a 6.5" woofer.

Tell me what great innovations Axiom has done over the last few years? New amps, double to triple the price of similar performing amps(under powered for the price compared to Emotiva, Outlaw, Parasound, ect. New speakers? Just more tweeters and woofers thrown on the front baffle and when they finally ran out of room they put them on the back, something that some manufacturers did 20 years ago, but this is suppose to be new? My prediction for the new subwoofers they are going to release? Over priced and under performing compared to the competition. Read they might consider or have ready a new dual opposed subwoofer, I bet $1000 it will be priced up there with the Seaton Submersive and probably not come close to it in performance or finish quality or build quality.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Unless prohibitively expensive, I can't understand why people live in tornado alley without a storm shelter considering the incredible amount of energy these things pack. I'm not passing judgment. I truly don't get it. Is it very expensive?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Unless prohibitively expensive, I can't understand why people live in tornado alley without a storm shelter considering the incredible amount of energy these things pack. I'm not passing judgment. I truly don't get it. Is it very expensive?
It's $3,000 for a steel underground in garage shelter. Permit is $54. Not that expensive. Just pure imprudence. But after this last tornado, about 500+ tornado shelter permits were filed. I ordered a shelter in June, but I have to wait in line. It won't be installed until September. Tornado season is every May. We will be ready.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Here's hoping you won't have to use it.
That's how it is in life, isn't it? Utter irony.

You own an underground tornado shelter in tornado land, and you'll never see a tornado all your life. :D

You don't own a shelter, and you'll see tornadoes every May. :eek:

But EVERYONE in tornado land should unequivocally have a tornado shelter.

Although over 500 shelter building permits have been applied since May, it still does not account for thousands of other people who don't have shelters and still refuse to own them!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Although over 500 shelter building permits have been applied since May, it still does not account for thousands of other people who don't have shelters and still refuse to own them!
yeah.. that's the part I don't get

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
It's $3,000 for a steel underground in garage shelter. Permit is $54. Not that expensive. Just pure imprudence. But after this last tornado, about 500+ tornado shelter permits were filed. I ordered a shelter in June, but I have to wait in line. It won't be installed until September. Tornado season is every May. We will be ready.
Should the need arise, you could always chain each leg to the dual Funk subs or the ATI amps ;) :D.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
That's how it is in life, isn't it? Utter irony.

You own an underground tornado shelter in tornado land, and you'll never see a tornado all your life. :D

You don't own a shelter, and you'll see tornadoes every May. :eek:

But EVERYONE in tornado land should unequivocally have a tornado shelter.

Sure but here's the deal.. You spend the money and god forbid you have a tornado hit, and your family is inside the shelter safe while you are at work. This shelter has just paid for itself 100 times over.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
All the homes they are building nowadays should include a shelter (depending on the region), but I guess that makes too much sense.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Should the need arise, you could always chain each leg to the dual Funk subs or the ATI amps ;) :D.
Tornado shelters are so boring, though.

My next house needs to have a large basement so I can use the basement as a tornado shelter/ HT room. That way I can have entertainment during a tornado. Priorities. :D :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sure but here's the deal.. You spend the money and god forbid you have a tornado hit, and your family is inside the shelter safe while you are at work. This shelter has just paid for itself 100 times over.
Family is priceless. ;)

J

justsomedude

Audiophyte
I guess its just about the money with Axiom considering they want to charge and extra $650 for 6 or those new 6.5" woofer for the LFR.
NEWSFLASH - It's just about the money with all (and I mean all) of these companies (whether they're into R&D or not). How else can they survive?!?

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just couldn't help it (as you can see, I registered just to post this). All I've done over the past several weeks is research 'expert'- and user-reviews of the best stereo speaker for the money. The VAST majority of the information on the internet easily concluded that Axiom was the choice. There isn't the 'hatred' out there for them as I've found here.

There you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis