Whats my next move? Home Theater Newbie

BAlward

BAlward

Audiophyte
I'm coming to you guys for a little advice. I'm fairly new to the world of home audio and have what I would consider a pretty entry level system. I use this system mostly for Blu Rays. As someone who lives in the desert in California, my home audio purchasing was limited to our Best Buy store which I know is just about everyone's least favorite store. But here is what I have as of now:

Denon AVR-1613
Pair Energy CB-10 (Fronts)
Pair Klipsch KB-15 (Rears)
Martin Logan Dynamo 500 (currently not working, internal amp issue?)

I'm wondering what the next purchase would be for me, I have never had a center channel and while I know this is important, am I going to get a more complete sound with replacing the sub first? Also is the Dynamo worth having fixed or should I go a different route?

Any kind of advice on what the best direction to go would be greatly appreciated. I have a pretty limited budget as of now, but I'm just trying to get a good core setup started, and then begin to upgrade piece by piece.

S

Scarfinger

Enthusiast
I'm coming to you guys for a little advice. I'm fairly new to the world of home audio and have what I would consider a pretty entry level system. I use this system mostly for Blu Rays. As someone who lives in the desert in California, my home audio purchasing was limited to our Best Buy store which I know is just about everyone's least favorite store. But here is what I have as of now:

Denon AVR-1613
Pair Energy CB-10 (Fronts)
Pair Klipsch KB-15 (Rears)
Martin Logan Dynamo 500 (currently not working, internal amp issue?)

I'm wondering what the next purchase would be for me, I have never had a center channel and while I know this is important, am I going to get a more complete sound with replacing the sub first? Also is the Dynamo worth having fixed or should I go a different route?

Any kind of advice on what the best direction to go would be greatly appreciated. I have a pretty limited budget as of now, but I'm just trying to get a good core setup started, and then begin to upgrade piece by piece.
Disclaimer: I am a noob but...

There are 2 things you need:
1. A matching center channel for "timbre" matched speakers. I am not possitive but I think "energy cc-10 center channel" is the one you want. Please double check that and someone correct me if I am wrong.

2. A subwoofer. The subwoofer doesn't need to be the same brand. I think an HSU Reasearch or SVS PB1000 would give you lower Freq responce and better SPL than your current one. I currently have an HSU STF-2 in a 14' x 18' room and it is plenty for me.

Happy hunting

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis