What to say when you meet face to face with James Bond

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
About a year ago I was in Leeds (UK) on a course and staying at the Doubletree by Hilton hotel in Downtown Leeds. One morning, as I was going to the lifts to go down for breakfast there is this guy staying waiting for the lift....... Hmmmmm it's Daniel Craig, we were staying there waiting forever for the lift, and all I could say was something about that these must be the slowest most unintelligent lifts on the planet.

I was not at all prepared for this and would certainly been more happy with myself if I had something funny very original to say, something no-one ever said before. My mind works too slow though.

So I'm just wondering, what the h#$& do you say when you meet James Bond, waiting for the lift???

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
About a year ago I was in Leeds (UK) on a course and staying at the Doubletree by Hilton hotel in Downtown Leeds. One morning, as I was going to the lifts to go down for breakfast there is this guy staying waiting for the lift....... Hmmmmm it's Daniel Craig, we were staying there waiting forever for the lift, and all I could say was something about that these must be the slowest most unintelligent lifts on the planet.

I was not at all prepared for this and would certainly been more happy with myself if I had something funny very original to say, something no-one ever said before. My mind works too slow though.

So I'm just wondering, what the h#$& do you say when you meet James Bond, waiting for the lift???
I would probably say something embarrassing, like, "I like your haircut. Did you do it yourself?" Or, "I'm a big fan of yours Mr. Brosnan." Or, "I heard this place has a pretty good continental breakfast." I stayed in the same hotel as The Sugar Hill Gang on a college trip to Paris once. Pretty much the same thing happened then, too. I suck at small talk, and it's hard to have a conversation with someone with whom you have nothing in common.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

You were tongue-tied and did the right thing. Though you could have said, "I don't suppose you have some sort of gadget or something on you that could get us there faster..?".

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bring something up other than bond LOL. They probably get tired of being recognized and called by "Hey it is James Bond." I ran into Neil Patrick Harris in Vegas on one of the attractions. The girl I was with said "That guy looks like Doogie Hauser>" I said "That's because it IS him." I walked up to him AFTER getting off the ride and asked politely if he was Neil Patrick Harris (which we already knew it was him) and that I didn't want to ask him in front of everyone else. He said yes, that he appreciated that and shook my hand.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Arggggh, why didn't I think of it....

Can I borrow your pen?
You have so cool pens :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's so easy for me to sit here in my chair and come up with clever things to say. Put me on the spot and I doubt it would go so smooth, lol.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I was in a store one time paying for my stuff, and the guy working the till asked me, "has anyone ever told you you look like Daniel Craig?" I laughed my a$$ off and said, pretty sure nobody has ever said that to me, but thanks. I think? Lol.
I'd probably choke but sometimes I surprise myself. I'd like to think I'd be able to talk my way into making a film with him. Would really love to do a motion capture film with Andy Serkis(Kong, gollum Caesar etc).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I was in a store one time paying for my stuff, and the guy working the till asked me, "has anyone ever told you you look like Daniel Craig?" I laughed my a$$ off and said, pretty sure nobody has ever said that to me, but thanks. I think? Lol.
I'd probably choke but sometimes I surprise myself. I'd like to think I'd be able to talk my way into making a film with him. Would really love to do a motion capture film with Andy Serkis(Kong, gollum Caesar etc).
Did you happen to be in Leeds last August :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Actually I was. And this random guy starts talking to me about the lifts. It was so weird. Nah, just kidding.
I sure wouldn't mind a visit to the U.K. though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My old boss looked a LOT like Dan Akroyd. People would stare or ask for autographs often. One time a woman walked up and asked for an autograph and he signed his own name. She looked at it and said "OMG, I am SO sorry."

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
About look a likes ......

I heard once there was an Al Pacino look a like contest....

Al Pacino was taking place in that contest himself, but he only managed to get a third place, not sure who was winning :p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
About look a likes ......

I heard once there was an Al Pacino look a like contest....

Al Pacino was taking place in that contest himself, but he only managed to get a third place, not sure who was winning :p
Didn't that happen to Charlie Chaplin too? I'd do it if I were famous. Would be hilarious.

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
My wife and I went out to lunch one day at a local café (kind of a high end, yuppie place with GREAT food). The café was almost completely empty. A man was standing at the counter talking to one of the owners. As I was taking off my jacket, the man talking turned and looked at me. The man was the actor Brian Dennehy. Being a fan of his I raised my right hand and started to say "hey" as if we were friends who hadn't seen each other in ages.
He looked at me like, "Who the hell are you?"
I was completely embarrassed, looked down, and quickly took my seat at the table. I felt like a real putz.
After our meal, my wife went to use the ladies room. Mr. Dennehy finished his conversation with the owner and then went to leave. I watched him as he was going. He grabbed the door handle to the cafe's front door, started to open it, shook his head, closed the door, and then turned and walked right up to me and said, "How's it going?"
We talked very briefly. I apologized for acting so familiar, but he understood I was just reacting and appreciated the fact that I let him have his conversation with the owner uninterrupted.
He lives locally in my area of CT, and I've seen him several times since. Now we just smile at each other and say, "How's it going?"

Now, as far as saying something to Mr. Craig (in a perfect world where I didn't get flustered, embarrassed, tongue tied, etc.) I would have asked him about his wife's latest acting projects, what it's like to be married to a famous actress, etc. I think he would appreciate that.

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Daniel Craig is actually not so tall, hardly taller than me and I'm not big.... He looks like a cool guy though :p

Compare to Sean Connery..... he is huuuuuge

And he doesn't like those slow lifts :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis