What size cable is best to use?

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Learning more and more here What gauge cable should I use with my denon 1912 avs w/nova 8b speakers and in 2wks from today I'll be getting 2 svs prime towers, system is use strickly for music, I have 18 gauge now...Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Learning more and more here What gauge cable should I use with my denon 1912 avs w/nova 8b speakers and in 2wks from today I'll be getting 2 svs prime towers, system is use strickly for music, I have 18 gauge now...Thanks
Hard to know without the length of the speaker wire run and the impedance of the speakers....try reading through the information here or just use the wire length table.....http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Please don't fall for the snake oil cables while we're at it Proper gauge copper wire will do it, terminations are your choice but bare wire ends are essentially the best. Avoid copper clad aluminum wire particularly if the ad isn't clear, an indicator is the price is too good to believe. You can usually go to your local home improvement store for sufficient speaker wire depending on in wall or not requirments.....or online places like monoprice.com for value or bluejeanscable.com for prettier stuff plus very good construction....

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Please don't fall for the snake oil cables while we're at it Proper gauge copper wire will do it, terminations are your choice but bare wire ends are essentially the best. Avoid copper clad aluminum wire particularly if the ad isn't clear, an indicator is the price is too good to believe. You can usually go to your local home improvement store for sufficient speaker wire depending on in wall or not requirments.....or online places like monoprice.com for value or bluejeanscable.com for prettier stuff plus very good construction....
Advice well taken...Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis