What receiver to buy to push my newly purchased Eosone Speakers

N

Naz

Audiophyte
I recently bought a surround sound set of Eosone speakers
2 RSF 1000's
2 RSR 350's and
1 RSC 300
the problem I'm having is I now need a new receiver to push them. My Sony STR DE 197 isn't going to cut it plus it's not surround sound. I don't know much about stereo systems but I'm pretty sure I blew half of my Sony as one side don't work anymore. So, my question is what should I be looking for. I've looked and looked but can't find any info on the speakers I bought and what wattage they are so I don't know what wattage receiver to buy. Can someone point this newbe in the right direction.
Also, I love to listen to loud music :D

Something else my RSF 1000's have an built-in amp on the back and a processor input/output rca plug, anyone know what that is for?

Thanks,
Naz

Last edited:
JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Most I can find is these were the brainchild of Polk and Infinity. I would try the Polk forum, or call Polk. Wait around, hopefully someone with more knowledge on these will chime in.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Most I can find is these were the brainchild of Polk and Infinity. I would try the Polk forum, or call Polk. Wait around, hopefully someone with more knowledge on these will chime in.
you are correct. private labeled for BM stores... Any mid level avr will push these.

N

Naz

Audiophyte
So any 5 channel 100w receiver will work. I presume each speaker is a channel

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Pretty much, unless your room is really large and you listen above reference levels

B

beakergeek

Audioholic Intern
The RSF 1000 have a built in amplifier and you would input a signal to them using the RCA jacks. However, if you get a 5.1 channel A/V receiver then just run speaker wire to these speakers and don't worry about the built in amp. For an A/V receiver, I would look at a Denon, Yamaha, or Pioneer as these brands provide good value for money. If your budget is really tight, look on eBay for a slightly used model by one of these brands.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis