What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
not an audio component, got a new 4 TB external drive for my mac. Now if I could find an amp similar looking for the computer desk I'd be a happy camper!

IMG_1318.JPG

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't actually buy this, it was an unexpected gift from a friend and I love it!

20170805_122651-1305x734.jpg

20170805_125653-1305x734.jpg

20170805_122859-1305x734.jpg

20170805_122906-1305x734.jpg

It's very well made and razor sharp. It has some heft, but it's very well balanced and clips on your side easily and you don't even know it's there. I was a butcher for 30 years and can appreciate a well made knife. This is a well made knife. Doesn't hurt that it looks badass too. :p It was a total surprise for me.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't actually buy this, it was an unexpected gift from a friend and I love it!

It's very well made and razor sharp. It has some heft, but it's very well balanced and clips on your side easily and you don't even know it's there. I was a butcher for 30 years and can appreciate a well made knife. This is a well made knife. Doesn't hurt that it looks badass too. :p It was a total surprise for me.
I too carry a pocket knife every day and I make knives as well and if I don't have mine clipped to my pocket, I spend the rest of the day feeling for it.

I find good value with the Kershaw brand. But for the ones I make, I really like basic (O1) carbon tool steel. I had worked with that metal via my welding trade in the past and found it to be easy to sharpen yet extremely tough. I had acquired drops of O1 tool steel at one point and it sat around here for years and the only logical thing to use it for was knives and some specialized wood chisels/carving tools.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I too carry a pocket knife every day and I make knives as well and if I don't have mine clipped to my pocket, I spend the rest of the day feeling for it.

I find good value with the Kershaw brand. But for the ones I make, I really like basic (O1) carbon tool steel. I had worked with that metal via my welding trade in the past and found it to be easy to sharpen yet extremely tough. I had acquired drops of O1 tool steel at one point and it sat around here for years and the only logical thing to use it for was knives and some specialized wood chisels/carving tools.
I've seen some pics of your knives. Pretty cool hobby.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Ordered Q Acoustics 2020i bookshelf speakers

Bought the bookshelf speakers for $159 off Ebay from Q Acoustics -- they are $20 more online at QA and Amazon.

I will see what the fuss is about -- and their job will be to trump the Digital Phase AP-.5 bookshelf speakers which has a 3 inch woofer. It should be a fair fight.
I believe the Digital Phase weighs about 4 more lbs compared to the QA 2020i. This should be about my last shoot-out. If the QA loses, I will have to pay return shipping.

The JBL Arena B17 lost to the Digital Phase on the first day.

Digital Phase is second picture -- voiced like a Murphy speaker

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Bought the bookshelf speakers for $159 off Ebay from Q Acoustics -- they are $20 more online at QA and Amazon.

I will see what the fuss is about -- and their job will be to trump the Digital Phase AP-.5 bookshelf speakers which has a 3 inch woofer. It should be a fair fight.
I believe the Digital Phase weighs about 4 more lbs compared to the QA 2020i. This should be about my last shoot-out. If the QA loses, I will have to pay return shipping.

You could have ordered these from jet.com and got 15% off of your first order up to $20. That would be the same price you paid. However, jet.com offers free shipping both ways should you decide to return them. Just thought that I would mention it. Might save you some money down the road.

https://jet.com/product/Q-Acoustics-2020i-Bookshelf-Speakers-Graphite-Black-Pair/e70268fc52fa4612a416c063d23021d2

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Zieg, you go through a lot of speakers. I always check your posts because more often than not I end learning about a new speaker, whether it's your description or me just looking them up for curiosity.

Is this just like a fun hobby for you or do you shop for friends, family, etc? Either way I have fun looking up some of the speakers you post about and look forward to more.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Zieg, you go through a lot of speakers. I always check your posts because more often than not I end learning about a new speaker, whether it's your description or me just looking them up for curiosity.

Is this just like a fun hobby for you or do you shop for friends, family, etc? Either way I have fun looking up some of the speakers you post about and look forward to more.
It is my hobby, and it helps to keep me out of trouble -- and I have been known to donate some speakers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I tried Jet and they wanted to charge me tax -- it would have brought it to around $175. So, I stayed with Ebay for $159 shipped.
I did not know that jet charged tax. What a bummer. KY sales tax is 6% not sure what it is in TN. Will keep that in mind if I ever go to order anything from jet.

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I did not know that jet charged tax. What a bummer. KY sales tax is 6% not sure what it is in TN. Will keep that in mind if I ever go to order anything from jet.
Since Walmart took them over, things seem to be changing.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Really like my assisted open kershaw. My everyday knife. I've carried one longer than I can remember.

Since I'm in Texas, we can now open carry over 5.5" cause reasons. I guess the sword owning crowd can now show them off in public without getting arrested.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan

I will see what the fuss is about -- and their job will be to trump the Digital Phase AP-.5 bookshelf speakers which has a 3 inch woofer.
Now they are $159 at Amazon and QA

I will give my take on them soon -- however they seem to be a little over-hyped. They for sure are not warm or laid back, and are somewhat timid in the bass.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Bought the Q Acoustics 3020 and sent the 2020i speakers back. Now I am beginning to understand why a lot of people are talking about the Q Acoustics -- they are for real and not your average sounding mass-market type speakers. They are also built good for the price, and there is a real nice tweeter in this one. They sound like they would measure real nice. Even WireCutter has raved about them and rates them at the top. I am still given them a shake-down, and they do sound promising.
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bookshelf-speakers/

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis