What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

ht_enthusiast

ht_enthusiast

Audiophyte
This weekend did a few major HT upgrades - bought a pair of Klipsch Heresy IIIs and upgraded to a Denon X3300 AVR. Sound is amazing - been listening to as much music lately as I have watching movies, so I am really pleased with the upgrades and hope I can avoid dropping any more $$ in the near future!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh I also bought these two albums on used vinyl shortly before the move in June and I just played the top one last night.. Very clean albums...

C

class a

Junior Audioholic
Just purchased a pair of Aerial 5T's. Perfect for my small room.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, those are some incredible speakers! Congrats. In my distant future are a pair of the Ariel 7T, I'm just blown away by those. The 5T is what got me hooked because of the resolving capabilities, overall balance and neutrality.

C

class a

Junior Audioholic
Wow, those are some incredible speakers! Congrats. In my distant future are a pair of the Ariel 7T, I'm just blown away by those. The 5T is what got me hooked because of the resolving capabilities, overall balance and neutrality.
Thanks I demoed these speakers for 3 days in my home and they are perfect for the room. Down the road John is going to lend me a couple of different small subs to add more punch to the bottom end. But even w/out the sub the music is full. Mids and top end are smooth detailed and very musical. Very happy w/the purchase.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Nice. The home audition is one of the things that keeps me doing business with AV Therapy. When I heard those speakers in the back room of the 1st floor, I was struck by just how smooth and detailed they are, and that they truly project a stereo image and drop it out in front of you as a 3 dimensional soundstage. Unreal.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Oh I also bought these two albums on used vinyl shortly before the move in June and I just played the top one last night.. Very clean albums...

Great finds. I enjoyed the Super Session album yesterday with Bloomfield.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

"Best of Chicago Blues", but no Son Seals! WTH! I call shennanigans!:D

Seriously, if you like Chicago Blues, you gotta listen to Son (Sonny) Seals, and also Lonnie Brooks! Some of my absolute favorite vinyl, and you should be able to find it at a decent price!!

I'm a big fan of the blues, and especially those 2 guys from Chicago.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Also just placed an order for RBH SVT Towers (SV831/SV1212) and RBH SA-500DSP Subwoofer Amp.

Just got FedEx tracking- scheduled to be delivered early next week. :D

Speakers: 436 LBS !! :eek:
Amp: 21 LBS.

Oh, and, of course, I had to buy some new 12AWG Black Speaker wires and some screw-type Banana Plugs from Amazon for the new speakers.

Looks like a beast!...436 lbs! It is a beast! It's going to be hard to contain yourself.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
This weekend did a few major HT upgrades - bought a pair of Klipsch Heresy IIIs and upgraded to a Denon X3300 AVR. Sound is amazing - been listening to as much music lately as I have watching movies, so I am really pleased with the upgrades and hope I can avoid dropping any more $$ in the near future!

Very nice, enjoy !

I just added an Oppo UDP-205 to my HT set-up, quite happy ......

2channel lover

If you don't have THICK rugs or carpet, then yes, it replaces your regular vacuum cleaner.

So far the Deebot seems to be doing a very good job REPLACING my regular Shark vacuum cleaner.

I have some THICK SHAG area rugs, so I will still need to use my SHARK vacuum cleaner. But other than that, hopefully I won't ever need to use the Shark for the rest of the house. :D

I did order two more DEEBOT N78. :D

I have a version of the shark for 3 yrs now and that's about the end of most vacs shelf life for us...the suction only feature on hardwood floors is not great, but all in all, no complaints...if I keep it cleaned out with my wet/dry vac...the Shark does pretty good.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I don't like replacing vacuum cleaners every few years. For us, Simplicity Commercial SYMC.2, made in USA and similar to this.

2channel lover

I don't like replacing vacuum cleaners every few years. For us, Simplicity Commercial SYMC.2, made in USA and similar to this.
I don't either, like weedeaters...I finally bought a Stihl and have gotten 8 yrs out this one and still going strong...I'll have to keep this vaccum in mind.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
With a little maintenance I got about 6 or 7 years out of our cheap Bissel. This Shark is the first vacuum I've owned that cost over (or anywhere near) $100. We're like kids sharing a new toy now. My son even volunteered to vacuum a couple times now. :eek:

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
We're on Year 8 with ours. Previous one wasn't their commercial model, only lasted 18 years. Grrrr....

:D Just kidding. They're bomb proof! (And cat hair proof too, apparently.)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
JBL Arena B17 for $149 a pair

I tend to be a JBL fan, so I bought a pair from Amazon for $149 -- now Amazon raised them back up to $330, that is $31 more than the Arena 130 which is the same speaker. Mercy, mercy.

For the $149 and $299 price they are built decent and look clean -- they have a sharp looking wood veneer vinyl wrap on the sides that looks close to real veneer. The top, front, bottom, and back are textured black paint -- I will take this finish over the bright piano black finish. They are stuffed well with polly-batten. Doing the door knock test presents a somewhat hollow sound. The crossover looks to be second order with 2 coils, 2 caps, and one resistor -- budget crossover parts for budget friendly speaker. When checking the screws they were all tighten down. However one of the corner blocks came loose and I had to find it and dig it out from behind the somewhat tact glued poly-batten. They look better than some of the JBL budget friendly speakers of the past.

Now the question is, how is the overall sound......?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis