What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Back to the scheduled program. Got me a 10(Blue) & 15(Black) pack of ink cartridges from ebay for my fountain pens. Was digging through Stuff and found some of my Cool pens. Now for the wait time.
Pics of the cool pens or it didn't happen.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
They are on this thread somewhere. Edit on page 5. Mostly Grey, Black and a Cool funky Green pen. REALLY WELL made too. I remember fuzz ordered a couple as well.
Also ordered a Cool Orange 2in1 audio U jack.
eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252652902806

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Got a couple pics of my mounted tv with the new speaker in the mix!

20170507_194341-1305x734.jpg

Got a new tv stand coming Friday that's 3" taller than the one pictured. That'll close up the gap between the speaker and tv and hide those 2 wires.

20170508_104151-1305x734.jpg
20170508_104212-1305x734.jpg

It really went smooth. Well, as you can see from the marks on the wall I measured, remeasured then measured again. I ended up with a few extra marks on the wall, but only had to drill once. This is one sturdy stand. I think I could sit on it. Thanks again @rojo for the suggestion. I really like it a lot. It's a quality rig.

20170508_104239-1305x734.jpg

I would say the extra measuring paid off. It's centered and level. I was holding my breath as I laid that level on there. Nailed it. Not too shabby for my first install of one of these.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Got me a 10(Blue) & 25(Black) pack of ink cartridges from ebay for my fountain pens. Was digging through Stuff and found some of my Cool pens. Now for the wait time.
Free shipping does help and makes it more attractive

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
They are on this thread somewhere. Mostly Grey, Black and a Cool funky Green pen. REALLY WELL made too. I remember fuzz ordered a couple as well.
Also ordered a Cool Orange 2in1 audio U jack.
eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252652902806
Fun fact: if you go the other way around with one of these TRRS breakouts, then get a TRS extender cable, a mono 3.5mm -> RCA adapter, an RCA coupler, a couple of 3.5mm -> female RCA Y adapters, and a mono cable, then you could use the Dayton iMM-6 to get a calibrated measurement mic all-in for around $30, less than half the cost of a UMIK-1. And if you've already got any of those adapters or cables lying around or don't mind a used mic, you might even dip your total below $30.

Mic plugs into TRRS breakout. Red plug of splitter plugs into extender, with the green plug left dangling. Extender plugs into mono 3.5mm -> RCA adapter.

On your sound card, plug both 3.5mm RCA Y cables, one into the speaker out, and the other into line in. Use the RCA coupler to join white to white. Plug the mic cable into line in red, and plug the subwoofer cable into speaker out red.

Now you've got a calibrated measurement mic with a loopback timing interface and a cable for plugging a mono signal into your AVR or directly into your sub, whichever you choose.

Boom. REW measurements for cheapskates.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Fun fact: if you go the other way around with one of these TRRS breakouts, then get a TRS extender cable, a mono 3.5mm -> RCA adapter, an RCA coupler, a couple of 3.5mm -> female RCA Y adapters, and a mono cable, then you could use the Dayton iMM-6 to get a calibrated measurement mic all-in for around $30, less than half the cost of a UMIK-1. And if you've already got any of those adapters or cables lying around or don't mind a used mic, you might even dip your total below $30.

Mic plugs into TRRS breakout. Red plug of splitter plugs into extender, with the green plug left dangling. Extender plugs into mono 3.5mm -> RCA adapter.

On your sound card, plug both 3.5mm RCA Y cables, one into the speaker out, and the other into line in. Use the RCA coupler to join white to white. Plug the mic cable into line in red, and plug the subwoofer cable into speaker out red.

Now you've got a calibrated measurement mic with a loopback timing interface and a cable for plugging a mono signal into your AVR or directly into your sub, whichever you choose.

Boom. REW measurements for cheapskates.
That's alot of WORK, but you'd know I'd say that. Hahaha
Still a nifty idea for those who are into that. COOL.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Thread cleaned, stay frosty fellas. I need candy and IT support, so lets all try and get along :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thread cleaned, stay frosty fellas. I need candy and IT support, so lets all try and get along :D
Why did you delete my post? All I did was ask Joe was his comment meant for me? Why not delete his comment and only delete my post? Lot of favoritism around here if you ask me. Feels like middle school.

Phil

I will send you a PM!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dang you're good Rojo. Patience mi amigo paciencia. It's a long road from China. Bing and Bob would be proud. ;)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Dang you're good Rojo. Patience mi amigo paciencia. It's a long road from China. Bing and Bob would be proud. ;)
International shipping is painful -- especially if your package has the misfortune of being routed through the New York ISC. I've had a new hat ordered from Poland forever it seems like, and tracking has shown it stuck in New York since April. Deliver my hat already! I mean, for real, what's it gonna take?

I know, first world problem, right?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't exactly buy; got it free with my phone. They said 6-8 weeks, but it came yesterday.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
stock rear deck car speakers on the fritz so I bought a new pair. Hopefully will be easy to install with the instructions provided by Crutchfield. Not the best speakers on the market but hopefully better than the junk which came with car from the factory. Rockford Fosgate Punch. Wiring harnesses were free, the blue trim panel tools about $12.00.
IMG_1177.JPG

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis