What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Went to the used record store, bought a few CD's:

IMG_1083.JPG

Delta Blues, Boney James, John Pizzarelli, Pancho Sanchez, Louis Jordan, Mel Torme', Keb' Mo'

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Upgraded my WiFi Router: Linksys EA9500. Did extensive research and was able to get the Costco special: $299.99 which included an adapter, which I don't need, but still nice. Tested against my Nighthawk AC1900 (great router) I was able to get better coverage and faster connection. My Nighthawk will not be retired, but I will use as a WAP device.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sold my Xbox One and did a slight upgrade to an Xbox One S. Easy way to get a 4K player. I still don't have a 4K display, but I'll work on that hahaha.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

OK, so I've succumbed to the temptation. Here's my first non-audio post to this thread with something I just bought.

That's my younger son Brian, 27, with his first motorcycle that I always promised I'd buy him. The black one in front, a near mint condition 100% stock 1981 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD, just over 11K miles on it. What's unusual is that behind him is his second bike that also showed up on the same truck, delivered by a long-time friend of mine. It's got 14,693 miles on it, a 2012 Triumph Bonneville SE.

My friend had called me a couple days before he was to deliver the KZ550 to finalize the time and mentioned then that he'd just picked up another bike and "should I put it on the truck?" Hell yeah, especially at the "package price" he gave me. As it turns out, unbeknownst to me the Bonneville SE is "my dream bike", said son. Back on 4/1/2011 when I bought my Triumph Tiger 800 ABS he gave me a ride down in his car so I could ride it home. While I was handling the paperwork, he sat on every bike in the showroom and settled on THAT bike, and in THAT color as fitting him and his taste best. I had no input on that and he never told me about it. Until it showed up at my house.

He has the Kwacker for now, and will until he passes the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Rider Course (in MA passing the course gets you your M/C license) and shows he's competent. Then he sell the KZ550 and buy the Triumph from me. Cool. I always wanted to ride with him. He put over 30,000 miles on my bike as a passenger from the time he was 8 until about 11-1/2 when he got too big. Now he can pilot his own ride! :)

That pic brings back memories for me. about 40 years ago I knew someone who rode a Kawasaki KZ-650, that's when I got the 'motorbike bug' and bought myself a Honda CB-650. We took a motorcycle maintenance class, one of the other students rode this dirty junky looking Harley and he'd bad-mouth the 'rice-burner' riders.

T

Tankman

Audioholic
New to the Audioholics forum,
I have been coming on here for years reading up on some great tips, and good advice from the old timers in here.
My Audio/Video is very extensive and goes all the way back to the early 70,s. I have spent tons on gear, from tube gear to the mid to hi-end gear. Still have my first Vinyl LP, 1972 Cat Stevens and still as good as when I first opened it up. Anyways, I live in a small apartment now with a very modest system, just picked up a 0nkyo TX-NR656 which by the way I am impressed with. Yes I had the NR818 it died on me the dreaded HDMI board problem 0nkyo fix it but sold it off. But anyways I am really liking this TX-NR656. I have had in the past, Carver, high-end pre amps, Emo amps Polk LSI,s, for now just didn't want to spend a ton again you guys know how easy it is to fall down that "rabbit hole". Sorry for the long post. Carry on fellow enthusiast!

Trying to figure out how to post a photo on here?

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
New to the Audioholics forum,
I have been coming on here for years reading up on some great tips, and good advice from the old timers in here.
My Audio/Video is very extensive and goes all the way back to the early 70,s. I have spent tons on gear, from tube gear to the mid to hi-end gear. Still have my first Vinyl LP, 1972 Cat Stevens and still as good as when I first opened it up. Anyways, I live in a small apartment now with a very modest system, just picked up a 0nkyo TX-NR656 which by the way I am impressed with. Yes I had the NR818 it died on me the dreaded HDMI board problem 0nkyo fix it but sold it of. But anyways I am really liking this TX-NR656. I have had in the pass Carver, high-end pre amps, Emo amps Polk LSI,s, for now just didn't want to spend a ton again you guys know how easy it is to fall down that "rabbit hole". Sorry for the long post. Carry on fellow enthusiast!

Trying to figure out how to post a photo on here?
That's tricky. I usually just download the image and resize it if necessary and upload the file. The button is right beside the post button. Welcome to the funny farm!

T

Tankman

Audioholic
That's tricky. I usually just download the image and resize it if necessary and upload the file. The button is right beside the post button. Welcome to the funny farm!
Thanks!..will try again..thank you for the welcome...Pogre!

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Thanks!..will try again..thank you for the welcome...Pogre!

Probably a better / quicker / smarter way but here's how I do it with my iPhone:

1. take picture of object using iPhone.
2. on iPhone go to Photos, select the one I want.
3. Mail it to myself. An option to re-size pops up. I use Medium.
4. on desktop iMac open Mail. open the mail I just sent to myself, drag picture to desktop.
5. drag picture from desktop to Audioholics.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Finally used the Target gift card my sister gave me in December, bought a twin of this glass rack:

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

T

Tankman

Audioholic
Probably a better / quicker / smarter way but here's how I do it with my iPhone:

1. take picture of object using iPhone.
2. on iPhone go to Photos, select the one I want.
3. Mail it to myself. An option to re-size pops up. I use Medium.
4. on desktop iMac open Mail. open the mail I just sent to myself, drag picture to desktop.
5. drag picture from desktop to Audioholics.

Thanks, that's what I figured I would have to do. Using a smartphone Samsung Android browsing right now. Was trying to post a pic of my set-up alone with my first post in here. Thanks Mr.Magoo for the tips!.. There are some very good post and threads in here with a ton of great advice and tips. I been coming on here sneaking around so to speak, figured it was time to open up an account and join you guys in on all the fun.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Trying out that site @afterlife2 mentioned with my last big toy purchase that I'm itching to ride if it would stop raining....

@Tankman I think you need more posts to post pics/links....

failing at getting this to work....which bb code full or thumbnail and how do you insert it?

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai

Trying out that site @afterlife2 mentioned with my last big toy purchase that I'm itching to ride if it would stop raining....

failing at getting this to work....which bb code full or thumbnail and how do you insert it?
From the code I see it's not giving you anything clean that will work. You haven't had trouble doing it some other way so go back to that because I'm anxious to see your "last big toy purchase that I'm itching to ride..."

T

Tankman

Audioholic

That too, maybe I should go and read the do,s, don'ts and what nots of the forum. That's what I get for jumping in head first. lol..thanks, "lovinthehd" top of the morning to ya!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis