What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Other's have gotten to the answer before me, but yes she is an Australian Cattle Dog. Stubborn as all get out. lol
Oh boy. Hope you know what you have gotten yourself into.:eek: They make great trail dogs because they never seem to tire out. Crazy smart but need continual stimulation. I would suggest you get some outdoor running shoes and get into trail running or snow shoeing this winter to keep her busy. :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Pikced this up lat night from Best Buy

Seen this one advertised yesterday. Looks to be good. Might check it out myself. Did you get a good deal on it? You know I am an el-cheapo........LOL!!!!!:D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Oh boy. Hope you know what you have gotten yourself into.:eek: They make great trail dogs because they never seem to tire out. Crazy smart but need continual stimulation. I would suggest you get some outdoor running shoes and get into trail running or snow shoeing this winter to keep her busy. :D
Speaking of, I'm trying to get her leash trained so I can take her out a little more. Currently, she refuses to budge on the leash, but this weekend the plan is to work on that more.

You're definitely right. I pick her up from daycare and the women is like, "She'll be all tired out tonight." I just want to send her a video of this dog running in circles for the next 5 hours until forced bed time :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Seen this one advertised yesterday. Looks to be good. Might check it out myself. Did you get a good deal on it? You know I am an el-cheapo........LOL!!!!!:D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil
I just got mine delivered yesterday. I liked it. Like the reviews said, not a lot of speaking by Bourne, but personally I think it works. As long as you're going in expecting a typical JB movie, then you'll probably like it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Son, that was rude, presumptive and wrong. Our Costco always has Choice and Prime beef. I just got a Prime whole ribeye. Their price for the whole primal is about the same per pound as a grocery store for sliced Choice. They won't slice it for you, but I'd rather slice and trim it myself. Their price for sliced Prime is about double their price for sliced Choice.

In addition to regular availability of Prime, they occasionally have Wagyu. You can almost always order it at Costco online. http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?keyword=wagyu&pageSize=96

So just because you've never seen it, doesn't mean Natrix "has no clue". In fact, I would argue the reverse.
Disclaimer first: I'm far from beef connoisseur and words like Prime or Select meen very little to me.

That said I've heard a guy who knows a bit more about food than me - Anthony Bourdain said same thing on one of his shows during one of Japan trips:
http://www.businessinsider.com/8-restaurants-that-serve-real-kobe-beef-2016-7/#1-212-steakhouse-restaurant--new-york-city-new-york-1

So by this logic - if only 9 restaurants in entire USA serve real deal, is it reasonable to suspect that discount wholesaler might not carry the real deal?

Again, as I said - I'm not an expert in beef, just trying to get the all the facts. I welcome any factual information which I could verify.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Speaking of, I'm trying to get her leash trained so I can take her out a little more. Currently, she refuses to budge on the leash, but this weekend the plan is to work on that more.

You're definitely right. I pick her up from daycare and the women is like, "She'll be all tired out tonight." I just want to send her a video of this dog running in circles for the next 5 hours until forced bed time :D
I don't think I've ever seen either of my friends cattle dogs on a leash. Both just seemed to stick to their owner and never strayed far. This was mainly mtn biking and skiing so there were no real traffic issues to deal with. We use a harness and don't use a collar for walks on a lease. Ferg seems to like it much better. Also go check out any videos by that dog whisper guy (Caesar Romero sp.) for hints on lease training.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just got mine delivered yesterday. I liked it. Like the reviews said, not a lot of speaking by Bourne, but personally I think it works. As long as you're going in expecting a typical JB movie, then you'll probably like it.
Saw it in the theater. Same director, pretty much the same formula Legacy and Ultimatum which he directed. I liked Ultimatum more than this one, but it wasn't bad.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think I've ever seen either of my friends cattle dogs on a leash. Both just seemed to stick to their owner and never strayed far. This was mainly mtn biking and skiing so there were no real traffic issues to deal with. We use a harness and don't use a collar for walks on a lease. Ferg seems to like it much better. Also go check out any videos by that dog whisper guy (Caesar Romero sp.) for hints on lease training.
Agree, Caesar has it right. Dogs are pretty simple to train once you understand how they think. They just need to know you are #1 and treat them like they are part of the pack, they will get it. These dogs are incredibly smart, which makes them easy to train. My dog, a cattle dog mix was trained with hand signals by the time she was just a few months old. My brother has a border collie and man that dog never gets tired either. He will play until he passes out lol.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Alex. Will be sure to check it out. Right now just got my JBL Studio Monitors setup. Listening to REO right now as we speak. Really liking what I am hearing. Much better than the Samsons that I had. Appreciate the heads up!

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'll definitely look that up. Funny you should say that, that's pretty much what she does now with some exceptions. She follows me around like crazy, only time she doesn't is when it seems like she gets cold and runs back towards the door.

Unfortunately I overestimated size when I got the harness. It's just a tiny bit too big on the smallest setting so it looks like it will be about a month before that will work. After that she'll have harnesses galore. I'll be looking at those videos you and j mention. I've been following a training routine by some other trainers I've found online so it will be interesting to see how they match up or don't.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, bought me a set of the JBL 305's for my desktop setup. Originally paid a bit more than I wanted. However, Sam Ash price matched their Black Friday ad and got mine for $198 shipped! One of the best investments that I have made. Finally got around to getting them setup today. Listening to them as we speak. Audioslave sounds so good! Here are a few pics:

upload_2016-12-7_11-57-25.png

upload_2016-12-7_11-58-1.png

upload_2016-12-7_12-0-21.png

Cheers,

Phil

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
so it seems to be final answer to my problem could with advanced tomato f/w. running one band/radio dedicated to wds(wireless bridge) and running wifi access point on the other.
https://learntomato.com/choose-wireless-bridge-mode-tomato-network/
And with today’s dual-band routers, you can decrease the impact of the second ‘hop’ even further. Simply dedicate one frequency band to the bridge, and dedicate the other frequency band to your clients.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I recently bought a Mohu Leaf antenna for my TV. Paid like $65 for it. Thought that was a bit high. So, I come across a Monoprice Leaf antenna that was like $7 that looked a lot like the Mohu. So, I thought why not and ordered it. To my surprise, it works every bit as well as the Mohu. But, of course, costs much less. Took the Mohu back for a full refund from Walmart. Another very good investment. I can get 10 local channels. My Roku Premiere Plus does the rest. Here is a pic of the Monoprice Leaf antenna:

upload_2016-12-7_12-7-43.png

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@speakerman39 Congrats!
JBL monitors absolutely rock (but then again, I am biased ;))
I agree 100%! They are much better than the Samsons I had. Can't believe I got the 305's for $198 delivered! Wow! Holy smokes! Very happy with my purchase. Just a little Christmas gift from me to well ME......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally went on sale after so long. Didn't like it enough to pay $30 lol. Least favorite of the three but might as well fill the set out at $15.

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
Disclaimer first: I'm far from beef connoisseur and words like Prime or Select meen very little to me.

That said I've heard a guy who knows a bit more about food than me - Anthony Bourdain said same thing on one of his shows during one of Japan trips:
http://www.businessinsider.com/8-restaurants-that-serve-real-kobe-beef-2016-7/#1-212-steakhouse-restaurant--new-york-city-new-york-1

So by this logic - if only 9 restaurants in entire USA serve real deal, is it reasonable to suspect that discount wholesaler might not carry the real deal?

Again, as I said - I'm not an expert in beef, just trying to get the all the facts. I welcome any factual information which I could verify.
Okay, I'm no expert but I know a prime steak when I taste one. I'll do my best to inform you the best I can:

The USDA grades beef into three different catergories: Select, Choice, and Prime
Select has the least amount of marbling (read fat) and is therefore the leanest of the three and is very common.
Choice has more marbling than Select and is more expensive than Select.
Prime has the most amount of marbling and is the rarest and most expensive of the three grades. If you like steak then you owe it to yourself to find a prime steak to eat. If you cook your own, use a charcoal fire and the only thing the steak needs for seasoning is sea salt and pepper and if you cook it past medium rare, stop wasting good meat and go find something else to eat.
The marbling is where most of the flavor comes from and is why it is so coveted. Once you are aware of the marbling issue it's pretty easy to just look at an uncooked steak and be able to tell which grade it is.
The link Herbu provided was for Waygu beef from Costco online which comes from Japan. Look at the pictures and the price of the meat, it's more fat than muscle. It's also ~$100 a pound.
The link you provided is for Kobe beef which is a type of Waygu and I'm not surprised about that article as we have a Bar & Grill in my area that has "Kobe" hamburgers that cost $10. Any real Kobe or Waygu would be very expensive so it's not surprising there are fakes.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Kobe is place, waygu is type of beef

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis