What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

1AGOFST

1AGOFST

Audioholic Intern
In the last month & a half I've replaced (and upgraded with A/C) both furnaces, both water heaters, one stove. I see a washer/dryer set on the horizon, and know I have to paint trim on the otherwise plastic covered house in the spring. Should be OK for a couple years after that. At least I get $7500 a year to help pay for it so I can save for better audio/video gear.
NO AUDIO UPGRADES FOR YOU!!!!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
NO AUDIO UPGRADES FOR YOU!!!!
LOL....if my wife doesn't notice, it never happened!

Still need to update the SB1000 sub to a pair of SB2000 or similarly small good ones, the receiver to Anthem AVM60 & suitable amp, turntable to anything better. Speakers stay for a while, though I lust for something more articulate. Until I'm satisfied I'm getting all I can out of these though, they stay.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I dont have any "Grand Funk" in my music collection so I wnet to the used vinyl store and picked up these two gem;

as well as better copy of this;

I will throw the other copy out as it really is beaten to death.
The "We're An American Band" is in yellow vinyl and is very clean. The "Survival" album is also quite clean but the recording itself isn't very good" The "Three Dog Night" album is extremely clean. Needless to say, I tossed the old one out which only paid a couple of bucks for in the first place. So for $8, I got an extremely clean album that is very well recorded as well.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got this for a good price (about $80), so I thought that I'd give it a try and see if it sounds any better than my ~$10 USB headphone/mic adapter. Hopefully. I have another DAW that works well with mics but didn't impress me with the headphone output. Should get here tomorrow.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I got this for a good price (about $80), so I thought that I'd give it a try and see if it sounds any better than my ~$10 USB headphone/mic adapter. Hopefully. I have another DAW that works well with mics but didn't impress me with the headphone output. Should get here tomorrow.

Dang, I hope you got that through vine. That's a sweet, albeit pricey box. I'm still happy with the personus audiobox I got awhile back. Then again, all I really do with it is REW measurements.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
In the last month & a half I've replaced (and upgraded with A/C) both furnaces, both water heaters, one stove. I see a washer/dryer set on the horizon, and know I have to paint trim on the otherwise plastic covered house in the spring. Should be OK for a couple years after that. At least I get $7500 a year to help pay for it so I can save for better audio/video gear.
How do you get the $7,500. I would love that for home repairs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dang, I hope you got that through vine. That's a sweet, albeit pricey box. I'm still happy with the personus audiobox I got awhile back. Then again, all I really do with it is REW measurements.
I did get it through Vine, which is where the ~$80 came from. The estimated value of it, which isn't what is shown on the product page, gets reported as income to the IRS...so I get it for "free"...but I have to pay income tax on it.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I ordered 2 700watt ICE Seaton Sound amplifiers to replace the failed AV123 MFW15 subwoofer amps.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
How do you get the $7,500. I would love that for home repairs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Rental income from the first floor apartment. I take the second and third floors.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Got some 3 pack bundle cards to mess around with the Pi.
What u planning with the Pi?

I'm using Retropie for my arcade cab.
Kodi streamers are very popular.
I've also seen Internet radio streamers with optional WiFi and touch screen and batteries.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Oh yeah, also Pi and the International Space Station Tracker is kind of neat!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

I've also seen Internet radio streamers with optional WiFi and touch screen and batteries.
I'm using Kodi for my movies that I ripped and for the HDHomerun to watch live TV. Works great.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

For Music, Kodi, Live TV(CNN +) browsing(looking for a good one that does flash) and other stuff I'm still learning. Be cool to do a robot too. :) International Space Station Tracker I've seen on Kodi that is ultra cool. :) It runs stuff way faster than an android box. How do you like the retropie?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So you have a raspberry Pi Fuzz?
Nope, I'm running it from the PC I built. I had thought about the rasberry Pi, but a rasberry Pi and a NAS wouldn't have fit my need for a windows 10 PC that I can also do the school work I need to do. However, I'd love to be able to do a rasberry Pi for upstairs to stream cable so I can ditch my cable box and only use the HDHomerun.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nope, I'm running it from the PC I built. I had thought about the rasberry Pi, but a rasberry Pi and a NAS wouldn't have fit my need for a windows 10 PC that I can also do the school work I need to do. However, I'd love to be able to do a rasberry Pi for upstairs to stream cable so I can ditch my cable box and only use the HDHomerun.
It's a neat toy, so much stuff you can do. Kodi offers alot of learning tools. There is a guitar learning one that is cool. Streaming Radio stations is good too. I can't wait till they release Pi3 maybe next year. I bet it will be hella faster and this one is quite speedy. 3db you watching? :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
For Music, Kodi, Live TV(CNN +) browsing(looking for a good one that does flash) and other stuff I'm still learning. Be cool to do a robot too. :) International Space Station Tracker I've seen on Kodi that is ultra cool. :) It runs stuff way faster than an android box. How do you like the retropie?
Retropie, running Emulation Station is the shiznit!

My brother in law was running PC Emulation on his commercial arcade cab, and he recently swapped over to Retropie too.

It can do arcade up to mid 1990s or so. It can do consoles up to N64 and PSX. But u have to do some extra configuration to get those going and I haven't done it yet. Earlier consoles work right from the start!

My bartop cab has 1 on board stick. 2P is a Buffalo pad SNES controller clone

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis