What is the Difference between analog Cable and RG69?

Vallenato

Vallenato

Audioholic Intern
What is the Difference In sound between (to use) analog audio cables and Quad RG69 cable to hook my powered subwoofer..I tried both but I am hearing little bit more bass when the cheaper analog cable is connected:rolleyes:
..What is the worth (IN sound) to change to Quad RG69?
thanks in advance:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What is the Difference In sound between (to use) analog audio cables and Quad RG69 cable to hook my powered subwoofer..I tried both but I am hearing little bit more bass when the cheaper analog cable is connected:rolleyes:
Technically, there is no difference. The RG6/59 probably have better shielding than the RCA, but there wouldn't be a benefit that would warrant you spending money on it.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
RG-6 maybe? I've never heard of RG69.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
There's no RG69, as posted and RG59 isn't quad shielded. For audio, RG59 is used extensively in bundled cabling, for component or composite video+audio and for pre-wiring with bundled cable so BNC or RCA ends can be installed for using the VGA input on some monitors (VGA uses RGB + horizontal and vertical synch).

RG6 is quad shielded but while you posted that you hear more bass, it may be that you actually hear more highs and mods with the RG-6. You would want to do an actual cable test to be able to tell what the real difference is.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis