What is She Talking About?

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
There is no proof that it is stage fright. You can blow a speech and then have the luxury of saying "It was stage fright". Yeah, you're an idiot, and you're a textbook example of what kids are learning these days, nothing. It's either jumbling up words, or saying nothing.

SheepStar
What? Is that directed at me Sheep? What did I do to you? Lighten up.

You may do well to read on and watch mazer's 2nd link. The "proof" you say is lacking is all over the network news.

Then you may want to correct your post. :) Cheers.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
No such thing. the only pressure there is, is that which you allow yourself to feel.

Knowing this, you need never feel under pressure again. :)
Well....unless the powers that be have cranked the "rack" and tightened the "thumscrews." Literally.:p

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
ok, I was at work (with dial up) so I wasn't able to watch the video til now ...

the 1st video sure was funny, but when I watched the explanation on the nbc interview ... I realized, I had been there before, I could listen to a question, and not understand what the hell was asked.

"drew a blank" is exactly how I would describe it.

I managed to get rid of the "fear that paralyzes" during public speaking, but I still get "fear in general" (by the truckloads) ... but I can now handle it by convincing myself that the audience is composed of ordinary people just like me, and there is no need to blank out.

majorloser

majorloser

Hey, if you've got the looks you don't need a brain.

When you guys hit the lottery or make your first million, you'll have a girl like her hanging off of each arm. I think the dealer gives one of them away with every Ferrari sale ;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
She's hot enough to fumble her words all she wants. I bet she goes farther than many of us will in life.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, if you've got the looks you don't need a brain.

When you guys hit the lottery or make your first million, you'll have a girl like her hanging off of each arm. I think the dealer gives one of them away with every Ferrari sale ;)
LOSERWIFE! DON'T LET HIM HAVE THE CHECKBOOK!!! ;)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I'm neutral on this like Mazer. Good looking girl, fouled up an answer, totaly spaced out, well what can you say? Can she spell potato? Let's see where her career takes her. But, in all frankness she did come accross as dumb blond, sorry but she did.:)

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Our resident Zen master.
:D Thank you for the compliment but really, any wisdom I have derives in large part from observation, introspection and experiance.

Never feels pressure and never succumbs to the carnal pleasures.
Ah ah ah; that's not what I said. ;)

I think I need a tree in my knowledge corner, what do you say?
The Zen master he say: tree help you breathe, they no make you knowledgeable. :)

Take the zen master (the old respected wise man mr. B). He might grew up in a very well educated family and learned all the stunning ability of coping with public speaking pressure from his family. Schooling is also an important part of his life that shapes his amazing self-confidence. His top-notch higher education level (where he had to practice public speaking in a smaller scale during his time in school)has helped him reach to a standard where most people he talk to is of the same or lower than his.
Masak Aer, where did you cook all this stuff up? You're not applying your experiances as an ex Civil Engineer upon me are you?

Oh, and less of the "old" eh? :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
What? Is that directed at me Sheep? What did I do to you? Lighten up.

You may do well to read on and watch mazer's 2nd link. The "proof" you say is lacking is all over the network news.

Then you may want to correct your post. :) Cheers.
The "idiot" part was directed at her, not you :)

Network News... I'll be sure you take everything they say as the truth and nothing but. That's my point. She didn't know the answer, and then she can go on the news and say "Oh, It was stage fright, yep... blanked out."

Someone could ask the question again and she could have a flawless answer.. oh look, the stage fright is gone, but the talking-in-her-ear is still there. Pre-answered.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
that's what I hate about these beauty contests ... they have stopped being "beauty" contests and started becoming "smarty/politically correct" contests.

remember the phase when every contestant wanted to "save the world"?

Question: If you win this title, what will you do?
Answer: I will use my position to mediate between ____ and ____ and prevent World War III; I will stop global warming by having a dialogue with all the ____ of the world; I will feed all the hungry; I will stop all fires ... bla bla
Audience/Judge: clap clap clap

this is why she jumbled up her answer, she had so many "pre-answers" backed up, when she blanked, she mixed up all those ... see why there's south africa and iraq in there? south africa = hunger/violence;
iraq = peace/rebuilding.

a simple answer would have been: "a fifth of americans simply weren't taught elementary geography" ... "therefore we must ensure that all americans are given the proper education, the fact they don't know basic geography is simply a symptom that not all americans are educated, we must address that ... no one must be left behind" (this is the part where I win the beauty contest) :cool:

I'm bored so ...

here's an answer to stir the pot: "a lot of americans simply are not taught to be patriotic ... all americans must know where the USA is on the map, including all it's probable enemies and the location of all their nukes/WMD's and military installations" ... :p

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Masak Aer, where did you cook all this stuff up? You're not applying your experiances as an ex Civil Engineer upon me are you?

Oh, and less of the "old" eh? :D
Nahh...it was a nicer way to say you are getting older...in a good sense..:D...I need to practice my writing and this is one way....

Back to the topic...dumb blond...i don't really care as long as they're hot...:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm bored so ...

here's an answer to stir the pot: "a lot of americans simply are not taught to be patriotic ... all americans must know where the USA is on the map, including all it's probable enemies and the location of all their nukes/WMD's and military installations" ... :p
A better answer would be "Everything on every map is American. There's just some places we haven't moved into yet. What a silly question."

[stir...stir...stir];)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
The "idiot" part was directed at her, not you :)

Network News... I'll be sure you take everything they say as the truth and nothing but. That's my point. She didn't know the answer, and then she can go on the news and say "Oh, It was stage fright, yep... blanked out."

Someone could ask the question again and she could have a flawless answer.. oh look, the stage fright is gone, but the talking-in-her-ear is still there. Pre-answered.

SheepStar
Thanks Sheep. I pretty much understood that. A little harsh though, isn't it? No forgiveness/understanding to spare up there in BC for "possible" stage fright? None at all?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis