What I found at my parent's house!

jinjuku

jinjuku

Surely did! Now, I'm looking into buying another amp with 12v triggers, but I don't want to spend outrageous money cause the wife will prolly kill me lol
You can get a power sensing power strip for ~$30.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
This Invalid Request might help you finding the right knob. Strange that the link says Invalid Request, but it works. The link is to www.digikey.com
I am sure I gave Alex one of those amps, if he still has it he might post a picture of that exact knob you need.

Last edited:
G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I found something troubling today while listening to music. My front right speaker tweeter sounded muzzled. I had issues before with the tweeter, and Polk Audio send me replacement, which fixed the issue.

So, I switched the tweeters from the front left to the front right, and it sounded fine for a few second and then it sound muzzled again. So, I thought the xover might be the issue. However, I remember that I changed the level on my Carver amp to 100%.

So, I moved the knob to the 5 o'clock mark, and the muzzleness went away and the tweeter sounded good again. So, I'm wondering if this is a sign that the right channel in the carver is going out? I am using some cheap RCA cables right now, I've got some Audio Quest on the way, but I don't think this might be the culprit? Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not the cables, definitely something fishy with the amp. However, like jinjuku said, it's probably not worth putting any money into unless you've got someone who can fix it for cost of parts only (and the cost of parts isn't high).

You could try to get some deoxit and spray it on the pot. This is right behind the gain knob once you open up the amp. It could just be gunked up a little or not making good contact. Worth a try anyways.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis