What happened to Integra RDC7.1

C

Curious

I've been patiently awaiting the release of the RDC7.1 based on the information you provided in your CES coverage. I thought it was scheduled to be released in spring but we're almost in July and there is no news on this processor and matching DVD player. Is there a problem with the design of the RDC7.1 or is Integra Research experiencing financial difficulties? I also noticed the new receiver isn't out either. I'd like to purchase the processor, but I can't wait around any longer.

Thanks for providing your update.

G

About a month ago I talked to both an RDC-7.1 beta tester and an Integra Research dealer. According to them the delay is due to software problems with the new models. The new units are postponed until early 2005 or later.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We were extremely excited to see the new Integra Research RDC-7.1 during our press coverage at CES. In fact, we even did a mini-review of the processor.

Integra Research at CES 2004

We estimated the new products, including their DVD player, would be released in April 2004, but anticipated it be late and perhaps being released in May or early June. Seeing how we are now in July, we are also wondering when the release will be.

We don't know if the delay in releasing the RDC-7.1 is related to firmware or software problems so we will not discuss it as such. Instead, we will contact the Manufacturer and ask for an update. Once we hear something, we will post it on this thread.

U

Unregistered

I'll be interested to see what sort of response you get. My contact (formerly the head of customer service) is apparently no longer with the firm, so I have zero ability to get any real info (calls/emails to customer service are met mostly with a complete lack of real info, or a complete unwillingness to reveal anything if in fact they have info).

D

darrylp

Audiophyte
Do I buy a RDC7 or something else and if so what?

I'd decided on a RDC7.1 before learning it’s a vapour product!

Do I buy a RDC7 or another product and if so what?

I'm currently using a Denon 5803A as a preamp but have been told to buy a dedicated preamp/processor with balanced outputs for better performance.

Darryl

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis