What happened to Denon 2910?

M

marcster

Audioholic Intern
I have been interested in this new model, but it not listed among the DVD players on Denon's site. The 1910 and 3910 are both there though ...

MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
Denon Link?

I'm not familiar with the 2910..... but was looking at the 3910 for the Denon Link to mate with my new 3850 receiver. I was a little concerned about the cost of the 3910 however.

Do you have any info at all on the 2910...specifically whether or not it has Denon Link? As mentioned, I don't see anything on the website, though I'll admit that the jump from the $269 price point of the 1910 to the $1200 price point of the the 3910 certainly screams for a model in between!

Any info you have would be great! :)

M

MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
3910 shipping?

Tyson Wetzel said:
This one's not shipping yet.
Is the 3910 shipping? I was under the impression that it wasn't yet....

S

scsiraid

Audiophyte
The 2910 is supposed to list at 729. According to the info I have, compared to the 3910 it has cheaper DAC's, No Firewire, Less flexible BM, Less picture mode adjustments, No DenonLink3, No RS232 control port. Availability date is said to be 10/8. But who really knows....

MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
Geeez...

I was hoping the only differences between the two models would be that the 2910 only offered a TOSLINK ~OR~ Coaxial output... but not both like the 3910... or maybe the feet were a different color. :D

Geeez, after that laundry list of differences, I guess I'll still have to look for the 3910 to become available!

Thanks for the info anyway..... I think....... :rolleyes:

T

Tyson Wetzel

Audiophyte
The 3910 has better D/A converters than the 2910 and has Denon Link, which the 2910 does not. The 2910 should retail for $649, it's more or less a 2200 with DVI and HDMI outputs at 480p/720p/1080i and some newer processors.

U

Unregistered

Tweeter - just arrived out in box on 10/15

Tweeter just got one in today for $650..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis