What H/T Processor has features like the 4806

M

Maddys

Audioholic Intern
I am really thinking that Denon is for me, but then there is the need for more power.

So what do I do? Go Separates, what is a good processors, that will match the sound of the Denon?

Michael

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
You might want to compare the 4806 with the lower end of the '06 line, that being the 3806 and 4306. While the 4806 is very spiffy (little brother of the 5805), it's a lot of cash. If you can get the features you want in a less expensive Denon, then you can have the extra money left over for an external amp(s) to fulfill your need for more power.

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Yeah Im kinda curious about this to. I kinda want to go full seprates based on the fact that a good amp is a good amp for a long time. But based on what Ive seen no Pre amp seems to have nowhere near the amount of features. The thing I liked the most with the 4806 was the 3 HDMI in and the 1 DVI I could really use the DVI in. Also upconverion to HDMI is great.

Sean

ht_addict

ht_addict

Audioholic
What we need is someone one to review the unit and open it up too get the exact internal specs off the unit.

S

Snarl

Audioholic
I have excellent results with my Denon 3805/Outlaww 755 set-up

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
If you are going to go with Seps. then I would definatly not get the 3805 or something big like that. (Unless you are going to be using sep zones) If you are like the 4806 due to the HDMI switching, get a Yammy and then get you another amp. That would be one way to go. The 4806 is not worth that much money in my book.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis