What do you recommend?

U

Unregistered

I have a Sony SLV-D100 DVD/VHS player and Sony KV-35S42 37" Trinitron. I want to hook them up to a home theater receiver with sourround speakers. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

lemole

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
Unregistered said:
I have a Sony SLV-D100 DVD/VHS player and Sony KV-35S42 37" Trinitron. I want to hook them up to a home theater receiver with sourround speakers. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

lemole

You may want to let people know how much you want to spend so it can be narrowed down. Also you don't mention speakers and some receivers aren't happy with low impedance speakers.

U

Unregistered

What to buy.

warnerwh Thanks for the response, I am trying to keep the price under $500. Just looking for a nice simple to hookup, preferably sourraound sound 5.1 speaker system. Any help would be great.
Thaks
Lemole

M

Mitchell Torres

Audioholic Intern
WOW! I was just about to post the same thing. I too am looking for a Receiver and 5.1 speaker system eithere an HTIB or seperates and I convinced the wife (more like begged and snotty nose cried) up to a $500.00 limit as well. I saw the Onkyo S770 package up there **points to top right corner** but other suggestions and experience would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

U

Unregistered

I got the Onkyo TX-SR502 refurbed and Fluance SX-HTB package for about $500.

U

Unregistered

I recently just bought a new receiver, in fact, I received it 4 days ago. It was NAD T742 for $399 without tax and free shipping! It's a 5.1 receiver, with 50 watts per channel (5x) or 60 watts per channel (2x).

Before I bought it I didn't quite a lot of reading online, reviews and especially forums. Though there were many complaints about excessive hiss and hums from some NAD receivers, this particular model was an earlier one and had been more free from problems than other newer models.

Anyways, just want to let you know that I've been happy with it so far, and it was really a step up from my previous stereo amp.

James

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Sony Sony Sony

I would recommend you get a Sony STR-DA997 for several reasons. First of all, it's $ 349 at Bhphotovideo.com. Second, it has 7.1 capability, so you can upgrade later as you see fit. Third, unlike Kenwood and some other brands, the middle line Sony receivers last forever so you can move it to a bedroom if you decide later to get a new receiver way on down the road. Fourth, they are very easy to operate and fifth, of course, is that you can use any or all of the Sony remotes on all their other pieces of equipment without any addiitonal programming. Wives usually appreciate No 5.

You will get very good sound and reliability at a budget-friendly price.

S

sheep

yamaha

i would go with yamaha. being a yamaha user myself, there dsp's alone make them a better choice. yamaha has strict standards on product quality, and i don't know a single person who's yamaha reciever broke down. for about 400 to 500 you can get a reciver with 6.1 and about 85 to 90 watts a channel and all the latest processing like dpl2x.

sheep

U

Unregistered

Recomend

Just want to say thanks to all for their input. I have several items to looks at.
Again, thanks to all!!
lemole

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis