What are you playing right now...

Tyfighter

Tyfighter

Junior Audioholic
InFAMOUS: Seond Son. WOW, really impressive graphics on this one. Seattle looks pretty amazing, people and textures are shockingly good, and the powers look insane. Gameplay is a semi-smooth, but lacks some of the simple fun of the previous two (more the first one than the second). Multiple powers like the second one is a nice touch. The combat is OK, but just like the last one, once you have the stronger powers upgraded, even with the enemies getting stronger and smarter AI, they're fairly easy to defeat so far. Voice acting is excellent and the story is decent - the underlying is pretty expected and average so far, but the character interactions are really good.
I had a lot of fun with the game. The powers drew me in, once I got beyond just the Smoke powerset. I didn't think I would finish it, but I ended up actually getting a Platinum in the game. I really got into it somehow.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Did I read that right? Did you buy Tomb Raider on Xb one? It was reportedly better on PS4 according to tech sites, but I didn't buy it since I beat it last gen. I figured since you own both machines you probably would go for the best performance. At least you enjoyed the game.

A friend sent me this list of games between the two big machines, if it helps. It's a breakdown of 2014 from Jan - May between the Xb one and PS4.

Yes I bought Tomb raider on the XB1 and yes it has sligtly better fps on PS4, and I prefer the XB1 controller.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got Tomb Raider Definitive for the PS4 and thought it was pretty good. More action than platforming, but fun. Framerate was great, but the graphics felt too ported over from the earlier version. Not sure if I will consider repurchasing The Last of Us for the PS4 or not, or if they will offer an "upgrade" for it, since it has been a long time since I finished it. I would not mind playing it again and the new campaign, but not at full price.

Playing through Second Son on an Infamous play through now and find that it isn't that much different. Not unlike the others, the "good" powers offer a few options that are nicer than the "bad" ones, but the bad ones offer you the ability to be a lot less careful.

Mercenary Kings is entertaining but almost too hard.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Starting to get much, much more serious with racing games/sims Forza4 - getting around advanced car tuning/racing telemetry. Starting to quickly realize the limitations of my cheaply wheel.
Boss began looking at pc based sim racing (iracing) - looks too hardcore to me just yet.. still have gobbles to learn before I get anythere near the levels needed to compete in iracing.
It's way WAY too realistic and serious.

Had my wheels jury-rigged to my pc - the wheels seem to work ok, but pedals were only on/off - not exactly "ideal" situation for racing - tried in rFactor2

Any racing games/sims fans here?

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
D3: RoS - Gets boring fast though. Good for 15-30 minute spurts when you have a few minutes.

Dragon Quest IX - Going back to play IX since I missed it on 3DS. One of my favorite series of all time is DQ.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tried the demo and really liked it, so I bought it right away. Very entertaining so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just build a track car! :D Got to be some Auto-Xing in your area?

*edit - Welcome to NYR-SCCA
I'd love to, but not now.

$200 for helmet, another $300-400 fir scca membership, not to mention new performance tires....
Plus my yugo would not be very competitive :)
(well, I don't a vintage car, but 15 year car would doubly win anything)

In the end of the day even $400 for set of top notch wheel&pedals is cheaper over long term (tires/gas/breaks)
What attracts me is that there are so little (basically none) good xbox wheels right now on the market. This set supports all 3 major platforms.
It's also most upgradable

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Competition is where you end up, but a lot of guys just go out to get some runs in and have some fun safely. Yes, then there's the whole tires thing...then upgrades...wear and tear, all fluids need to be changed a lot more frequently, etc.... So yes, can be a money pit, which is why I said you need a track car :D I live ~40 min from a nice private track. When I have time and funds, I plan to build a track beater. But I digress...

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Your Yugo would probably be great at this. 24 Hours of LeMons - Home
Ideally you have to show a receipt for the $500 cost or value of the car otherwise they "dock" you and, if you read closely, they have the option of buying your car for $500 if they think you "cheated" on that price. There are some Subaru guys who compete in it every year. They have the Pikachu Outback

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
I just found out there is a track near where I am building in Oviedo, FL. I have a new 2014 Stingray and I am looking forward to getting out there.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Stick it to the Man, free for PSN members PS4. Entertaining, tongue in cheek humor, oddly nice graphics (LBP-esque) but very simple game play. Entertaining enough to try for free though. Borrowed Ground Zeros from my brother and will give it a try this week.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, I read an article saying Watchdogs ran better on PC than on a certain console it was intended for :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was going to get it for the PS4, in fact I would have preferred the controller, it takes time to learn how to control the car with the keyboard.

Sony marketing shot themselves in the foot stating it was 1080p 60fps on their website, then having to take this down. If it was the Xbox One making this post there would have been thousands of posts on the gaming forum lol

C

ckenisell

Audiophyte
Just playing through all of the Assassin's Creed games. Finished 1, got my first Platinum Trophy on 2, finished Brotherhood and now working on Revelations. After the Ezio Trilogy, I will tackle III and I already own IV on the PS4. Can't wait to finish Revelations and III so I can fire up IV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis