What are you playing right now...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Spent some time playing DEFCON on my home theater, this is a great game to play on a big screen in a dark room. So atmospheric. Just like the NORAD War Room from Wargames.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Enjoying Tomb Raider Definitive for the most part, but I can see why Darien didn't love it. Lots of interesting stuff to do and see and well designed levels, but I find the combat more of a slog than anything. The mechanics are a bit finicky and cumbersome, and really I sort of expect more adventure/puzzling than FPS combat from a game like this. The puzzling seems more of an afterthought than a focus and there's as much or more combat than Uncharted to the point that it actually sort of interrupts the flow of the story. This one gets a lot of things right except the balance of elements.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I have a ton of games I intended to play again but never did once I move on to a new game. Did you still want to borrow Beyond 2 souls? DMC is free for Plus members right now :)
Yeah, I'll check Beyond out if you're done with it. Let me know when you've got some time and I'll stop by.

Thanks,
D

DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic
I fired up MechWarrior 3 this weekend. Man is that game fun. I took me a day to work out the compatibility issues but it was worth it. I even found a way to run it higher resolutions! Good times!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition PS4. Freaking fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyfighter

Tyfighter

Junior Audioholic
Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition PS4. Freaking fun.

I'm digging that PS+ works on PS4.

So far, I got

Contrast, Resogun, Don't Starve, Outlast, and now Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition.
It's not as good as PS+ on PS3 for obvious reasons, but it's definitely a great move on Sony's part.
Meanwhile, my Xbone gets no games for free despite Games for Gold working on my 360.

As far as what I'm playing...I just got Metal Gear Solid V for $20...it's pretty neat little package, obviously it's short I'm told, so I'm taking my time with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I read it was just a few hours and mainly just a way to stir up some funds and interest for the full game release not unlike GT5 Prelude. Also a way to get the interface out there for people to try/get used to; sort of you pay for it beta. I'll probably wait for the full release and expect it could end up being a PS+ freebie too.

Already deleted Outlast - didn't like it. Resogun rocked.

Kruz

Kruz

Audioholic
Picked up Dark Souls over the weekend. Damn is it ever a hard/addictive game! Sound effects not the greatest though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up Dark Souls over the weekend. Damn is it ever a hard/addictive game! Sound effects not the greatest though.
You picked up 2? My brother is playing that one. I got tired of the last one because it takes forever to get things done lol.

roleydre

roleydre

Audioholic
chronocross, gta san andreas, silent hill, nuclear strike, ps 1 and ps2 goodness!! and i also been playing megaman x series, and i bought FF 10 new for 16 bucks shipped, ill be playing that when i get it

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
InFAMOUS: Seond Son. WOW, really impressive graphics on this one. Seattle looks pretty amazing, people and textures are shockingly good, and the powers look insane. Gameplay is a semi-smooth, but lacks some of the simple fun of the previous two (more the first one than the second). Multiple powers like the second one is a nice touch. The combat is OK, but just like the last one, once you have the stronger powers upgraded, even with the enemies getting stronger and smarter AI, they're fairly easy to defeat so far. Voice acting is excellent and the story is decent - the underlying is pretty expected and average so far, but the character interactions are really good.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
InFAMOUS: Seond Son. WOW, really impressive graphics on this one. Seattle looks pretty amazing, people and textures are shockingly good, and the powers look insane. Gameplay is a semi-smooth, but lacks some of the simple fun of the previous two (more the first one than the second). Multiple powers like the second one is a nice touch. The combat is OK, but just like the last one, once you have the stronger powers upgraded, even with the enemies getting stronger and smarter AI, they're fairly easy to defeat so far. Voice acting is excellent and the story is decent - the underlying is pretty expected and average so far, but the character interactions are really good.

I found it to be a pretty generic and repetitive game. Crackdown without guns and vehicles. The story was absurd. Trying to obtain concrete power from Augustine with the help of your sheriff brother so you can remove the concrete shards from the legs of your tribe members. The story telling was cheesy as was the main protagonist Delsin. The game difficulty isn't anything special even on expert. Very good looking game though and the combat and conduit powers were fun . Hey, and they made use of the light sensor on the controller!

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I found it to be a pretty generic and repetitive game. Crackdown without guns and vehicles. The story was absurd. Trying to obtain concrete power from Augustine with the help of your sheriff brother so you can remove the concrete shards from the legs of your tribe members. The story telling was cheesy as was the main protagonist Delsin. The game difficulty isn't anything special even on expert. Very good looking game though and the combat and conduit powers were fun . Hey, and they made use of the light sensor on the controller!
They pretty much came up with new powers and then tried to fit a story around it. The story is about as bad as the last one and the last one was pretty bad, though the characters are at least more interesting in this one IMO. The main character is a bad combo - starts off as the juvenile delinquent and then when you get to Fetch (lame name?) he becomes the "responsible" one? Yeah, right. I like his attitude, but the character is a cookie cutter version of Cole. I read the review before I picked it up, and they nailed it - you're playing it for the powers/combat and the looks :)

Last edited:
DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic
I finished up the beta of Elder Scrolls on-line. I won't be buying it. It is an "OK" game. There are better MMORPGs out there.

Now I'm playing Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls. I like it. It's harder. It has some cool new monsters and I dig the new loot system. I haven't had much time to play the new Crusader class but it seems to be a fun melee character. They also streamlined some things so the game a has a little better flow to it. The story line is interesting enough to keep your interest and ties in well with the original story. The bosses are really tough when played on torment level. I like it!
$39.95 is a bit high for an expansion but I think this one is worth it.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
InFAMOUS: Seond Son.
I HATED the first Infamous. It annoyed the hell out of me that the guy would stick to any object that was remotely near him. Every time I would try to jump off of something down to the ground he would stick to a wall or a light post on the way down. Completely lame control system. I didn't even bother to finish the game.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I HATED the first Infamous. It annoyed the hell out of me that the guy would stick to any object that was remotely near him. Every time I would try to jump off of something down to the ground he would stick to a wall or a light post on the way down. Completely lame control system. I didn't even bother to finish the game.
I liked the first game the most, but the "sticky" part was definitely a flaw for that game. I would get stuck on things like a CURB, that's just bad design. You basically had to work around it. The second one was better about it, but still had some issues. This one they sort of went too far in the other direction - he DOESN'T stick to things when you want to and end up falling, but you have a lot more options for staying in the air in this one at least.

Oh yeah, and all three of these games could be characterized as "repetitive task" games :)

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I liked the first game the most, but the "sticky" part was definitely a flaw for that game. I would get stuck on things like a CURB, that's just bad design. You basically had to work around it. The second one was better about it, but still had some issues. This one they sort of went too far in the other direction - he DOESN'T stick to things when you want to and end up falling, but you have a lot more options for staying in the air in this one at least.

Oh yeah, and all three of these games could be characterized as "repetitive task" games :)
This was my first Infamous game as I never got it when I had the PS3. IMO They way overhyped this game beyond having good graphics. I will admit I haven't put more than about 90 minutes into the game, but can not get into it, so I have to say I am pretty disappointed.

At this point, my Xbox one sits idle since I played the heck out of Dead Rising 3 and Tomb Raider. My PS4 will probably be idle until 1886 or Watchdogs comes out. I feel like I wasted a lot of money on next gen, at least until some games can justify my purchase.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Aaron Copland:

Fanfare for the common man. Just spine tingling.

[video=youtube;FLMVB0B1_Ts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FLMVB0B1_Ts[/video]

Tyfighter

Tyfighter

Junior Audioholic
This was my first Infamous game as I never got it when I had the PS3. IMO They way overhyped this game beyond having good graphics. I will admit I haven't put more than about 90 minutes into the game, but can not get into it, so I have to say I am pretty disappointed.

At this point, my Xbox one sits idle since I played the heck out of Dead Rising 3 and Tomb Raider. My PS4 will probably be idle until 1886 or Watchdogs comes out. I feel like I wasted a lot of money on next gen, at least until some games can justify my purchase.

Did I read that right? Did you buy Tomb Raider on Xb one? It was reportedly better on PS4 according to tech sites, but I didn't buy it since I beat it last gen. I figured since you own both machines you probably would go for the best performance. At least you enjoyed the game.

A friend sent me this list of games between the two big machines, if it helps. It's a breakdown of 2014 from Jan - May between the Xb one and PS4.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis