Would like to have zone volume control
How would i determine what amplifier would be best
looking to spend upto $1000
thank you in advance for your assistance

cheers

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You do realize that the Niles SSVC6 is your amplifier right?

6-Zone Speaker Selector With Volume Control
Put some power in your speaker system with Niles. The SSVC6 six-zone speaker selector pumps out 100 watts per channel RMS (200 peak) and protects circuits at the same time. Separate left and right ground paths are compatible with all amplifiers, including bridged designs. The SSVC6 ups the ante with volume control and selectable impedance magnification for one, two, three/four, and five/six speaker pairs.

T

thediscotiger

Audiophyte
Thank you for your assistance.
No, I didnt realize that ,sorry, I have no idea.
Do I need to buy anything else to get sound out of my speakers when I connect the above.
Apologies for my ignorance.

thank you

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
No...

I would not use a 5.1 receiver, simply no reason. First off, there is no need for a tuner since the Sonos will stream radio stations. Secondly, you won't want to have competing variable volumes, this can only lead to disaster. I would use a large multi-channel amplifier such as a Speakercraft or Russound like the BB1235 from Speakercraft. Use sonos as your source and never have to worry about anything again. I use this in installs quite frequently and it is simple and easy to use, but most importantly very reliable. My 2c.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
First off the OP already has a multichannel amplifier. He just needs someway to connect the sonos to the amp. Since the amp has no RCA inputs he needs something in between the sonos and the amp. That multichannel receiver is just as cheap as any stereo receiver or preamp (for the mot part) and will offer greater flexibility should any plans change.

So yes.... In response to your no...

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
um..

I am pretty sure that he did not mention an amplifier, though I could be wrong. The SSV6 is a v.c with 100-200 w handling. I may be tired but don't think I missed that.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry you are correct I read a description of the product that was a bit ambiguous and led me to believe it was an amp/volume controller. Upon closer look at search results you are indeed correct. I blame the small screen on the phone for my misinterpretation :D ;)

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Haha

That's quite alright...You did have me confused for a minute though. Glad we could clear up for op.

T

thediscotiger

Audiophyte
thank you both for your assistance
Appreciate your time and wisdom

T

thediscotiger

Audiophyte
Hi ACsGreens

no decision yet , looking into your recommendation, Speakercraft.

thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis