Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 or Infinity Beta 50

B

BaldEagle

Audiophyte
Narrowed my main speaker search down to these two. Can't decide on one. To be used 75% movies and 25% music. Any insight, opinions or experience
with Wharfedale or Infinity would help.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Which ones sound better to you? Have you tried them in your home?

In case of a toss up to your ears, judge the center channel as the deciding factor... the center channel is critical to movies, and will be highly reflective of the midrange quality of the front speakers as well.

I owned Infinities (RS4) from many years ago. Loved the sound then. Today I own Polk LSi's. Ears and tastes change over time.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
I have not had the chance to hear the diamonds but I have two beta 50's and I like them a lot. They handle movies and music extremely well but they are a bit "bright" for some people's taste. Personally, I like the brightness and that's why I bought them. They handle a ton of power without distorting and as long as you have a good sub I can't see how you would dissapointed with them. They put out a decent amount of bass but its not earth shattering by any means. The polks in the same price range will give you more. For awesome mids, highs and decent bass I would reccomend the infinitys. good luck

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis